Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have recently been looking into the fox shox 2.0 RR shock since the exchange rate is so good at the moment. I was just wondering if any of you guys have recently ordered shox from the states and could give me some specs on what you requested when oredering? Eg valving and travel etc. (I have searched and could only find old posts, and not specific to the ute)

These will eventually be going on a 04 coil sprung ute with a 4" lift. Any help would be appreciated as im not the expert on suspension.

Cheers Ash

·
Registered
547 Posts
honnestly after seeing the quality of the new SRC shocks i wouldn't bother with the foxes at all especially for the money they charge for them.

dont get me wrong they are great i have them on my yamaha raptor but for the money the SRC's are the way to go for a 4x4 unless you are going coil overs.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
It all depends on what you want to spend, i just ordered 2 x 12" travel remote res foxes for mine, upgraded them to external comp adjusters and with shipping it came to $659 on my door step, thats still cheaper than the src units, which then allows me to get the rears alot quicker.

If i didnt go for the external adjusters i would have saved another $150 cause there $75 per shock

The Src shocks sure do look the goods but with the reputation fox have for the money they cost, i couldnt justify spending the extra

And as for ordering them, i went with bushed ends as im happy to make brackets up and didnt need to spend the extra on having them bolt in, told them what they were for, weight of car, and they do the rest, got them from sonny at down south motor sport in the states

should be here in a day or so now, cant wait

cheers sean

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
The src shocks are awesome bits of gear. And do make a fox look pretty average. Fox Are good don't get me wrong but for what you get way over priced in the Aussie market.
But yeah buying them from the states will normally require fabbing up some new rear mounts as they will normally be pin to pin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts