Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Greenies are complaining about seawater being dumped on the fires, going to upset the ecological balance.
WTF, seriously, WTF?

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Some serious arse kicking needs to be done, for allowing this to get out of hand! 馃が

Foo
Me three, but you couldn't have enough money on it being just a political exercise. With most witnesses being from self interested groups.
I saw a doco last night that spent a lot of time talking about coral bleaching and the crap the narator had been given to read out was unbelievable, but many will. I also did my daily check of the ABC news website and once again came across even more loads of crap, one spruiking that Australians can't face up to their history, WTF!

At 74 I'm actually pleased I won't be here in 10 years to see where this crap takes us.

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
This is beyond crazy. Wonder how Happy valley faired?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
This is beyond crazy. Wonder how Happy valley faired?

Absolutely, disgusting management, last I heard they were trying to divert around but still saying evacuate.
Heads must roll over this debacle, starting at the top.

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Me three, but you couldn't have enough money on it being just a political exercise. With most witnesses being from self interested groups.
I saw a doco last night that spent a lot of time talking about coral bleaching and the crap the narator had been given to read out was unbelievable, but many will. I also did my daily check of the ABC news website and once again came across even more loads of crap, one spruiking that Australians can't face up to their history, WTF!

At 74 I'm actually pleased I won't be here in 10 years to see where this crap takes us.
Don't be that negative mate, I intend being around till I'm at least 90yrs of age, just to pliss off the haters!

Foo

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
Absolutely, disgusting management, last I heard they were trying to divert around but still saying evacuate.
Heads must roll over this debacle, starting at the top.
It is out of hand.

Interesting who is in charge.

"The fire response is being coordinated by an incident management team (IMT) headed up by experienced Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service (QPWS) officers supported by Queensland Fire and Emergency Services personnel and equipment, and Butchulla representatives.

The IMT has the necessary trained fire personnel and fire equipment at its disposal. This includes multiple crews on the ground each day, with further resources drawn from across south east Queensland to assist where necessary, and access to the aerial support capabilities of QFES.

This team directs how the fire is tactically managed, feeds combined resources where they are needed, brings together the latest technology to monitor the fire and get real-time situation updates and facilitates the sharing of information across state agencies, local government and other important stakeholders"

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
Seems Happy Valley was not directly impacted last night but is under direct attack again today. I hope they are fairing ok......

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Seems Happy Valley was not directly impacted last night but is under direct attack again today. I hope they are fairing ok......

They have been ordered to clear out and think the Resort also.

Foo

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
They have been ordered to clear out and think the Resort also.

Foo

Last I heard the resort was still in the prepare to evacuate mode. Not so the other village, evacuate order given.

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
Well I hope Happy Valley is saved. It's the only remaining example of the old Fraser village. Everywhere else is a Backpackers party slum. With the possible exception of Orchid Beach
Edit: latest news is Happy Valley has been saved. Good news.

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Well I hope Happy Valley is saved. It's the only remaining example of the old Fraser village. Everywhere else is a Backpackers party slum. With the possible exception of Orchid Beach
Just heard on the news they are confident it has been saved.

I reckon this inquiry is going to be a white wash, Alphabet was backing the NP service today but locals are cheesed of and wanting to know why NP didn't raise the white flag much earlier.

Gross mismanagement no matter how you look at it.

Registered
nissan
i think the RFS 737 tanker is now in play , & there is supposedly predicted rain today as well.

Fingers crossed

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Had rain last night up here, bom showed storm activity over Fraser but I don鈥檛 know how much they got.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Having a fish on the western side of Fraser this morning, saw two helicopters and six float plane (in formation and they landed near the bottom end of Big Woody) and a single crop duster type. There looked to be fresh smoke north of Kingfisher.

__

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
Lots of much needed rain from Fraser to the NSW border, news is the Fraser fires are under control and the Island will be opening for visitors again soon.
It'll be interesting to see how the burnt areas recover. Could be erosion and new sand blows, or lots of fresh green growth from the released nutrients and available sunlight at ground level. They really need an army of volunteers to do weed control.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
The rain hasn鈥檛 been torrential so there shouldn鈥檛 be much erosion, most would have soaked in. The place will be green by the end of the week.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts