Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
Yes I hope so too.......but they will be the scapegoats, taking the rap for some very poor decision making and management by parks and wildlife. They could have put measures in place months ago to prevent the devastation that has occurred!
I imagine there were plenty of opportunities to plan and implement preventative measures. It appears they originally were happy to let the slow fire burn as a fire break. So they just let it go. Where were their control lines? Where was the back burning in the early days to give it a boundary to burn to? Where was their backup plans?
I hope parks and wildlife get the grilling they deserve!

Just my oppinion though

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
Yes I hope so too.......but they will be the scapegoats, taking the rap for some very poor decision making and management by parks and wildlife. They could have put measures in place months ago to prevent the devastation that has occurred!
I imagine there were plenty of opportunities to plan and implement preventative measures. It appears they originally were happy to let the slow fire burn as a fire break. So they just let it go. Where were their control lines? Where was the back burning in the early days to give it a boundary to burn to? Where was their backup plans?
I hope parks and wildlife get the grilling they deserve!

Just my oppinion though
Absobloodylutely

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
If the rangers found a fire covered with sand but still radiating heat near bush, why didn鈥檛 the rangers put it out?

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
If the rangers found a fire covered with sand but still radiating heat near bush, why didn鈥檛 the rangers put it out?
That was an amazing sentence in the article. Only the god of stupidity can answer.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Cruising along the western side of Fraser today, lots of green happening.馃憤

Reactions: RickGQ and Foo

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
Cruising along the western side of Fraser today, lots of green happening.馃憤
That's great news. Where abouts on the coast are you? Take some photos! :)

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Cruising along the western side of Fraser today, lots of green happening.
Only ever been 10mtrs off Fraser and never on it. Caught a nice fish in the deep channel that ran alongside of it but this was back in about 85 I think.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
That's great news. Where abouts on the coast are you? Take some photos! :)
Live in Hervey Bay, might not be out for a few weeks (too many tourists at the moment).

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Now how about the rangers that came across it and didn鈥檛 extinguish it when it was still a campfire covered in sand.
I鈥檓 smelling a bit of BS here.
Me tinks there is a coverup.

Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
Now how about the rangers that came across it and didn鈥檛 extinguish it when it was still a campfire covered in sand.
I鈥檓 smelling a bit of BS here.
Me tinks there is a coverup.
Yes, there must have been a number of occasions where rangers could have controlled it, but for whatever reason chose not to. I'd doubt we will ever hear about it though. These 4 blokes (kids really) will be the scapegoats and will divert all the attention away from what really happened!

Premium Member
TD42 GQ

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Didn鈥檛 get close enough last time to get photos, but there was a lot of green showing through. Still brown leaves on the trees, lot of rain on Fraser, be over a week until I can get over that way, the winds are still a bit brisk, even wearing a back brace, I end up with pain when it鈥檚 rough.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts