Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so just wondering who is planning, if anyone. a trip to Fraser Island this upcoming Easter long weekend?
we are heading over on the Thursday and camping at Central Station and returning on the tuesday morning.
will be myself (98 GU wagon) and a white 80series with camper and a silver rodeo dual cab with canapy.
if you see us, feel free to stop for a chat, would be good to meet up and put some faces to names.

cheers Clint

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I'll be there champ. Patrol4x4 sticker across the front window and both side windows with a tonka sticker on the back, flag me down if u see me.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Fark it i dont care, i like fishing in the rain annyway, so does the wife

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Keeps the sand firm :D

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
You having trouble on the sand mate?

No worries they still run tours ;-)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bit of rain will be right Tonka, just means a few more rums at night to warm up.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
You having trouble on the sand mate?

No worries they still run tours ;-)
Haha very funny!

I tow the tourists on Fraser Island!

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
Have you ever been on Fraser at easter time before? Im sure you will have fun anyhoo,

50 backpackers crammed into troopies, tour buses, and dingos and now a fulltime manned police station at Eurong to coordinate with the rescue choppers to pick up all the dead backpackers, no more F1-11 flyovers, but I know your going to have a better time than me, I have to work :cry:

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Sure is, Yobbo - nice work. I made a mistake there too - left my run for the ferry too late and we had barely a vehicles width of sand to squeeze through. Nearly left old mate there but thought I'd have a go at getting him out - and did.

·
Registered
nissan
62 Posts
There is a old bitumen road / track about 50m away from where you are, just over the dune, a lot of people dont know about it and loose there 4wd in the surf trying to get to and from the barge

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
There is a old bitumen road / track about 50m away from where you are, just over the dune, a lot of people dont know about it and loose there 4wd in the surf trying to get to and from the barge
Alright for those who like every screw and bolts shaken out of their car for 30km, its SOOO much worse than hook point it's not funny. Besides it was closed last year due to a fire so some times you have no choice, even three hours after high tide...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/31m199fJhh0rMQwyanScR2qa8ENg_AxHWFwtVXjFawc?feat=directlink

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/epZn9eL9X07Saubu8QAJImqa8ENg_AxHWFwtVXjFawc?feat=directlink

Managed to dunk my 18month old Patrol and new Trailer into 300mm of salt water for 200m just to get home. She's all good parked over a sprinkler for a month, after a bit of Lanolin and WD40 to the trailer bearings.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts