Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am leaving for a week long trip up to Fraser Island on Saturday 12th.

Just a quick post to see if anyone knows if the water / inland lake has subsided on the Indian Head Bypass Road and the conditon of the remainder of the road.

I have looked on the conditons report from EPA and says there is still water on the road.

While I have total faith in the Patrol getting through with no dramas :cool:, we do have a few other 'softer roaders' along on the trip.

Thanks heaps, Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,178 Posts
No problems there mate, i had the same concerns about Indian Head before our trip (3 weeks ago) from all those deep water reports , but when we got there, all the water was gone, so unless they have had another heap of rain, doub't you will see much of any water.

A couple of the inland tracks where closed, and some other tracks a little muddy/rutted, nothing your patrol would worry about,(and probably all dry now) and you can always skull drag the soft-roaders through anyway :p (ha-ha)

Because of fallen trees on the beach, Hook point needed to be hit close to low tide, unless you don't mind driving through saltwater, oh and most important, take insect repellent, march fly's were out in force !

Petrol was about $1.85 at the time of our trip.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Because of fallen trees on the beach, Hook point needed to be hit close to low tide, unless you don't mind driving through saltwater
+1

Do not go anywhere near Hook Point outside of the "2 hours before/2 hours after low tide" window. It's a serious risk if you do.

Petrol was about $1.85 at the time of our trip.
Pretty sure it was cheaper at Orchid Beach than at Cathedral.

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A couple of the inland tracks where closed, and some other tracks a little muddy/rutted, nothing your patrol would worry about,(and probably all dry now) and you can always skull drag the soft-roaders through anyway :p (ha-ha)
That was the plan!! :D

Thanks for the Info.. We will be getting around Hook Point right on Low tide if all goes to plan..

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
I was there two weeks ago for 6 days and didn't have any issues getting around Indian Heads. Inland Track was fine to the other side (Wathumba).

Don't know if anything has changed since cyclone Yasi went throu QLD though.

Try calling Kingfisher Bay resort for an update.

Have a great time.

---Bushy67---

·
Banned
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bushy67,

Shouldn't be much of a drama, i watched the cyclone on the Radar and by the looks only a bit of rain went through there, much of which would have subsided by now..

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts