Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
myself and a group of people at work are planning on heading up to waddy point from brisbane over may 27-29 for a long weekend on fraser and possibly extend it a day. there will be all the guys that i work with and their partners so it wont just be a boys weekend. but maybe while we are fishing they can entertain themselves.

if anyone from the forum is interested for some fishing and general stuffing around on fraser, your more than welcome to come along and join to group, or stop in and have a beer and be ggod to meet some forum members.

so far they is going to be a disco 2, hilux, my mav with camper in tow and possibly another 2 patrols.

the route we are looking at doing is up through noosa across the ferry, double island point and onto inskip point.

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i think thats the way its been a while, and i dont want to go through gympie. so whatever the route is up around double island point..

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trip is now down under the 24 hours count down!! only two GQ patrols are going now. im still to pack. well the most important things are ready..beer in the esky waiting for ice and the rods are ready to go just need to pick up a few more lures and line tonight from BCF.

the only question i have is about fires,do we need to bring our own pit or can we have one at camp grounds in their rings?

will take a heap of pics and post them up monday!

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Actual Trip!! with pics

here are some pictures of the trip, met up with a mate at BP caboolture and headed up through Gympie and onto rainbow beach to grab a final few supplies and then off to the barge.

top up of supplies!

the gear

trying to fit the final few things in the back.

waiting for the barge to Fraser Island.

My Canadian reading up on being Dingo Safe....

Day one on Fraser Island

a random wreck about 10kms up the beach from the barge.

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Day Two

pretty miserable day but managed to see a fair few things, pretty dissapointed that they have graded the indian head bypass track, and i got up in 2wd. i actually did 95% of the weekend in 2wd because i am having some really bad noise when i come off the accelerator in 4wd high so i thought i would only use it when nessecary.

·
Registered
nissangupatrol
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the dingo that was hanging around while we were fishing on saturday wouldnt leave us alone we even tried to scare him off a few times but within ten minutes he was back with in about 15m of one of us that was fishing.

we also had a huge eagle follow us down the beach for few hours in a couple of fishing spots, and the off fish we caught we threw it up in the air to get his attention and he would fly down and pick it up and take off with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts