Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

just wondering anyone else who has done Fraser with a TB45 on LPG... i only have the normal 30ltr sub and was wondering how others went with it..?
i have my spare jerrys, we are are staying for 6 nights and just wondering am i up for a huge fuel bill?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
10 Posts
I done it in a 4.8 on LPG towing a camper trailer for four nights five days and had no problem I had two extra Jerry cans full and used both but still had half a tank off gas to go when I got back to rainbow beach travelled around a fair bit to fuel is available on the island but not gas fairly expensive though

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Have the same car, and the lack of LPG on all the islands is one of the reasons i didnt bother getting it fitted, because it takes away your main petrol tank in most installs.

You may be OK for fuel if you don't drive around too much, we did over 1000Ks in a week sight seeing Fraser Island, its a big place, Petrol is easy to find on the island and was about 40c more per Litre than normal.

Also remember, the maximum extra fuel you are "supposed" to be allowed to take on the car ferry (in drums/jerrys) is 40L ;)

·
Registered
Nissan
599 Posts
Remember to fill up/top up with LPG at rainbow beach BP and you'll be fine!!

Done it heaps of times with no dramas and some left afterwards..

Daz

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I thought it was a shell servo?

Wheres the BP servo

·
Registered
Nissan
599 Posts
Yeah there's a BP further down the same road on the other side virtually opposite the parade of shops....
Daz

·
Registered
Nissan
599 Posts
Also a good place to air up as the shell is always busy..

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Yeh, but dont forget both service stations close at 5pm sharp ,plus when we stayed at rainbow, the BP air hose was put away at like 4.45pm :shock:

Im way to used to city servo times fuel/air available 24/7

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yep we did Fraser at Xmas time for 6 nights in our 4.8 GU on lpg with only the small sub tank. We just filled up the sub tank when we could and took a couple of jerry's for back up. Like everyone else just kept some gas in the tank for just in case.

Also had the V8 GQ so we paid some cash to the fuel stations on the island... Small price to pay for the fun we had!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts