Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Im leaving for Fraser early in the morning, and I found out tonight that my front tailshaft is bent. When the car hits 80+ kmhs the whole car starts vibrating...
Does anyone have a tailshaft, i can buy???

·
Registered
297 Posts
If it only vibrates over 80km/h I wouldn't worry for a fraser trip. Just use 2wd on the fast sections of beach and only engage 4wd for the cuttings. With all the rain of late I expect the sand will be pretty hard anyway. Enjoy the trip!

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Hay mate, how did you get on over at Fraser ?

Heading over next weekend for a week, just wondered if you had any info on any track closures or things to watch out for (good or bad) after all this rain ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fraser

A4B, just got back from Fraser yesterday, everything seemed to be open. the track to Indian Head has some very deep water sitting there, they are advising cars to only pass if experienced. Water was over our bonnet (GU with 2 inch lift), there were some softroadrers already on the Indian Head side which would find it impossible to drive back through. I thought there would be loads more people up there but the weather seemed to put people off i think. Plenty of camping spots along the beach, Eli Creek wasnt packed at all, likewise Lake Mackenzie. Enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
nissan
1,175 Posts
Thanks for the info mate, very glad i asked now, i have a few more questions with regard to planning my trip, but as this is not really the right place for a trip disscusion, ive sent you a PM :)

If anyone else has any recent Fraser info (we depart the 15/01/11) i would be very grateful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts