Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free CAD software * for your DWG files: DraftSight - Dassault Systèmes

Its only 2d, and equivalent to AutoCAD LT, but still powerful enough.

The good thing is if your a regular CAD operator its a free version that can convert DWG files between different year ranges ie save a AutoCAD 2010 DWG file down to AutoCAD 2000 DWG.

This is going to ruin AutoCAD sales.......awesome :) down comes the price.

:iconbana:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,133 Posts
I just went to the sight and it has a VIRUS attached when you down load.:mad:

cheers

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
WTF!!?? really? Sorry about that :S

I will find another link I guess. :mad:

EDIT: Can you tell me more about the virus? Security settings arnt so high that everything looks like a virus?

Worked fine for me again just then.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems its capable of 'autocad level' 3d aswell......tedious, but capable.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,443 Posts
so bit of a grave dig, but went to download this and then got told to give over address, phone number etc.
is this a safe site or should I stay away from this.

Looking for an ok free cad program to do up designs for bar work.
cheers

·
Registered
nissan
424 Posts
Get the student version of Inventor or Solid Works, or for 50USD you can buy a pirate copy from China off Alibaba or Aliexpress.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Free CAD software* for your DWG files: DraftSight lets professional CAD users, students and educators create, edit and view DWG files. DraftSight runs on Windows®, Mac® and Linux. - Dassault Systèmes

Draftsight is fine to use, you dont have to give all your details, use bogus details if you want, makesure you use a relevant email though.

Since Dassault Systems took Autodesk to court and won a case about the .dwg format, it has changed the CAD world a bit. There is a few more CAD programs becoming available.

There are 3d modelling applications and applications with 2d drafting and 3d modelling. There are quite a few out there dont let you do the 2d drafting (drawing creation) so have a good geez before you download.

Ive never used these but the write up seems impressive. They are open source.

blender.org - Home

FreeCAD: An Open Source parametric 3D CAD modeler

There are plenty of trial and free downloads and cheaper education versions of all cad systems out there. Using pirate software really isnt required these days. Paying for pirate software is completely bizarre.

If you know how to use google, you will find what you need, read forums, and find out how stuff is done. Its all there.

·
Registered
GU8 CRD
1,555 Posts
I only draw stuff for home and use a simple cad I brought nearly 20 years ago, but I tried this 2D freebie for some boat stuff I did and it blew my mind

Free 2D: Siemens PLM Software

Seems to have it's roots in the CAD/CAM world, but is a very powerful package. I have to confess it's a little too much for my needs, but if you do a bit a drawing I reckon it's worth a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts