Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Time has come to say goodbye to the GU4 CRD and make room in the garage for a Y62. Much of the mud and rocks has made way well for the family.... So I chose to go with the patrol after much deliberation between it and the LC200. Personally after 3 Diesels in a row I realy do miss the responsiveness and power of a petrol especially this VK56VD and the drive well its unreal. Anyway thats boring. Lets talk about plans as i now have heaps of leftover money for not going with the cruiser but will save some for fuel....

Its a Black STL and here goes.

Lift-Front coil overs and upper control arms to maximize articulation either Radflo or SAW aiming for about 3 inch lift running soft springs to maximize uptravel. Rear 2 inch springs again probably stock load as they are relativly soft already 1 inch diff drop and shocks to be measured once springs and diff are done again to maximize travel.

Rims/Tyres-Find some 18x9 wider track alloys and 35x12.5 R18 tyres Mud tyres

Tow bar and trailer brakes for towing the boat, ARB full cage coming of the GU inc Awning, dual batteries, Front bar but unsure which if any I like and maybe a rear bar dual wheel carrier but if its like the GU i never got there.

Now with all that said its going to be a city slicker I mean as much as i want to be out the back commitments keep my car on the black stuff 90% of the time so its not going to be a rock crawler even tho I will probably try from time to time. As they are not the best looking rig (I dont think the 200 is any better I actually still love the look of my GU) i am going to try pretty it up basically if you google Tuscany Black ops you will get the idel of what i am aiming for all be it in a not so good looking car to start with!

Hope you enjoy i am looking forward to the Pros and Cons, Sharing and Recieving of info and well building.

Cheers Josh

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So not even 24 hours had passed and it was time to start on improving the looks pronto! Also was bored and thought I might just try one of my GU rims... No it didn't fit Hahaha but i need mud tires in a hurry. So ticked of the list did some baking and fixed up those massive headlights and got carried away with the old plasti dip on the rims, badges, side vents and door handles its temporary till i get it in the be painted which knowing me will be in about 10 years!

20140816_110903_zpsnm01lqli.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140816_121045_zpsnbwqzjxu.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140816_110931_zpsl3wqfieq.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140816_110922_zpse3lqqmzk.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140816_150327_zpshpxbbrks.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140817_182758_zpsufrc0qu6.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket

Rims were so close to fitting but offset is wrong but maybe some alloys would fit

20140816_141852_zpsnbvwlxjq.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket
20140816_141921_zpsvxdo4xel.jpg Photo by wranga87 | Photobucket

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so i didn't copy the URL properly again.... Damn computer illiterate newbie! Help please.

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
When you go into your photo on the right there is a list with, links to share this photo.
Click on the IMG one, it will auto copy and just paste.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
The GU wheels look good!

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah the plasti dip is interesting stuff its like a spray on rubber that can be peeled of that's why I used it but will paint everything in satin black when I get there. Headlights are in satin black and we're a bit of fun to do! Need to put them in the over to soften the glue to get them apart and the same to get them back together only just fit in my oven.

Cheers Josh

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Headlights look awesome, massive improvement!

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So not much to tell as you who have kids will know I currently have no time.... 17month old and 4 week old are keeping me way busy at the moment finally got my tow bar fitted so just a few photo's as i fitted it myself and cut the rear bumper a bit tighter than the ones I have seen. Note there is no trailer connector as i fitter it on a plate with a caribena and hooked it up underneath next to the spare tyre. I just hook it to the D shackle when in use. also fitted and wired the trailer brake controller.

Cheers Josh

And the boat connected sits just a little down in the back but very good considering the boat/trailer combo is 3.5T!

·
Registered
nissan
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fitted the roof rack with light bar and awning from the GU just a bracket kit from ARB and now just to work out wiring.....

1 - 20 of 84 Posts