Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know whether the GQ and GU's front body mounts are the same or at least interchangeable between the GQ and GU?

Also, on mine I was able to get the bolt out pretty easily, but the mount itself is stuck in place.

Any good ideas on how to get it to release? Am thinking it must be the tube, and thus drilling it out from underneath, but that seems likely to be a hell of a job?

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,796 Posts
The bottom block has just vulcanised it'self to the chassis,use a drift and hammer,knock it to

the side and it will fall off.There is a spacer tube inside,should be able to wriggle that out and

push the block out,it is recessed about 3mm into the chassis.You will probably need to back off

the next 2 pairs of bolts to get enough clearance.It is essential to reinstall the tube

as it controls the compression when you tighten the bolt.Don't know if Q and U interchange.

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,796 Posts
Update,I've just been for a second look,there are two types,one has a steel tube which is hat

shaped on top in the upper mount and extends through the lower block,so you will have to lift

the body at least an inch to clear the chassis,so it's bolts out,damn

Cheers,G.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts