Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are nissan navara brakes a good option? The slotted rotors are priced ok too. (900tt)

Or nissan caravan/urvan front brakes?

The brake adjusters are worn down and don't want to go back with drum brakes

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,167 Posts
If you have drum fronts and want to convert them then just use MQ/MK/GQ stuff. All the same except the bracket that bolts the caliper to the knuckle flange.
If you want to swap your rear drums, then use whatever will work and has good parts availability. Nothing bolts on, so you'll be fabricating brackets, mounts etc anyway.

·
Banned
27 Posts
If your frame and fork do not have the tabs/posts for disc calipers, you can't convert the bike. A quick Google search shows me the frame doesn't have the mounts on either part.
You could replace the fork with a disc brake model and at least get a front disc brake. The front brake is where the majority of your stopping power is anyways. But if you want a rear brake, you'll basically need a different frame, as trying to modify that frame for a disc mount is risky and very Kodi nox costly.

·
Registered
nissan
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After so much time and the fact that as I get money in my hand it disappears, I'll try to work back up the drums for now just to have it rolling. Will go to a machine shop and deal with those adjusters

·
Registered
nissan
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Btw the navara(d40 wheel pcd spacing was different but the frontier (d22) wheel spacing was the same .

·
Registered
Datsun Patrol MQ 1982 RB25DE NEO
853 Posts
Best 1st upgrade is to get a bigger brake booster from another Nissan. Don't know what's available but I've used both early 90's Maxima and R34 Skyline brake boosters. Almost a perfect bolt on. Gives way more pedal feel and force.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts