Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a oil leak on my 02 4.8. looks like it's coming from the front crank seal.
rang a mechanic and was told to drive it till it gets really bad.
said something about the bolts being to hard to get off.
reckons nissan can't get them off either.
anyone else had the same problem.
cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,180 Posts
If it's te same sort of setup as the td42s with a cone and washerthwy are pretty hard to get off as you have to pop the cone out of the balancer first. U still should be able to get it off though. Nothin is impossible

·
Registered
nissan
38 Posts
got the same problem got the seal just need the time to do same seal as 4.5 & 4.2. Anyone had problems with them.

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,064 Posts
I had this and so did my mate, both of them 2002 4.8's. Seems to be a common problem. Easy enough fix, I think I got charged about $250-$300 including everything drive in drive out.

My mates had nearly 200,000kms when it went and mine had about 170,000kms.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
620 Posts
I had to do mine and i was putting it off for some time and then eventually when i did mine. I had to either get a new harmonic balancer or ger a speedy sleve done cause the old hard seal developed a grove on the nose of the harmonic balancer. So if i were you i would do it asap...

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine has just started to idle rough and rumble on start up. turn the engine off, wait 5 seconds, start again and problem solved until next time i start it.
you guys have the same problem

1 - 9 of 9 Posts