Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

just need to clarify by getting some advice from people have or have had a lokker in the front of a gq.

Am I right in thinking that the annoying (apparently) clicking sound and associated axle and tyre wearing problems are not an issue on road if the locker is in the front diff and the hubs are in the free position when on road?

Looking to put a lock rite or lokker (not sure if this is the same thing) into my gq but do not want any hassles when driving on road and definitely do not want to increase the chance of damaging axles as the beauty of these things is their reliability and strength.

Cheers

pepsi

·
Registered
Nissan
6 Posts
Yes you are correct that as soon as your hubs are unlocked it doesnt matter what sort of locker you have in the front it wont make any noise or wear the tyres.

I have had mates who have welded up the front diff and there is not a problem driving onroad.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I have had mates who have welded up the front diff and there is not a problem driving onroad.
But if the hubs are unlocked then it's not going to make a difference onroad weather it's locked/ welded or open, and if their hubs are locked then they are up for serious issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts