Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having few problems. Decided to check diff oils and the front diff was lil brown to say least. So decided to change. Now assuming i am changing the correct part i found 3 plugs, one on the end facing the back, one on passenger side and another further down towards the front facing drivers side about same height as the passenger side, i assume the drive side is the plug i fill via, now when i emptied the oil i got 4ltrs come out, no drama as its always possible last person under filled, tho expected around 5ltrs, so when i started to refill new oil i got just above 2ltrs in before it started to come out of the hole.

I am wondering if anyone has any good diagram i can look at, i have a haynes pdf manual but for what ever reason i cannot find anything to do with any oil changes. Or if anyone has any pics that show exactly where all the drains are and where to fill back up. I have done an extensive google search and all i can find is ppl asking about capacity which i am not looking for.

If it helps its an 11/01 gu st manual (so think thats gu III )

Thanks

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tru blu, clearly i was filling up the gear box/transfer case :) oh well needs doing where do i fill this up as i cant get as much in as i did get out.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
52 Posts
The front diff is between the engine and tranny. On the passenger side and has a black rubber tube and plastic fitting. It's in front of the fire wall. Slightly hard to get at.:)

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks suzaan, tru blu pic settled my thought, but i need know how to fill up transfer case/ gearbox

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Take out bungs on the side of gearbox and transfer. Pretty easy. Use auto trans fluid for transfer

·
Registered
Nissan
500 Posts
Hi Simmo, just a random photo from Google to help old mate out.
Not European, although I do like their women:)

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just so i dont miss anything, the 3 bungs i have found, the blue circle is the one i re fill via? and the reds are drainage bungs?

these are for the transfer case and gear box, is that right, or are they separate?

Attachments

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Should have 4 bungs all up. Don't forget auto trans fluid for your transfer

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Should be one underneath transfer case. Has to be 2 drains and 2 fills

·
Registered
4x4
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
found it, was looking for one like the others not a "nut" so to speak. just hope i managed to put correct oil in the correct place. ill find out if it shudders to a halt :)

·
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Gearbox oil in gearbox ( THE BIG ONE ) Auto trans fluid in transfer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts