Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,
first up i have a rattle in engine that has just started up recently, it comes in at approx 1800rpm and is gone by 2000rpm other then the noise no change at all in performance, oil pressure since i have owned car has been all over the shop (going off gauge, assumed prob dodgy) at times (idle when warm) shows nothing on gauge "O" when cruiseing some times around 4 others O when cold it is up i think round 5? 4? either way its the 0 that bothers me.
im thinking perhaps these may be tied in to each other? low oil pressure not giving head enough oil? caused damage?

also have a knock in the front end (yes have read all posts on this elsewhere) does mainly do it when vehicle is wet, seems to come from below the drivers seat area, sounds like something is loose or has play in it, have been under and checked tightness of everything cant find anything obvious really. no crack in floor seam that i could find, went right across seam.

any suggestions that i could check?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
the factory oil guage is dodgey at best , replace the pressure sender with a genuine one as they seem to last longer , the rattle could be tappets in need of adjustments , the knock will be worn body mounts , replace and all should be good

·
Registered
nissan gq
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that, i figured the knock would be body mounts as well, still doesn't make sense to me why they do it mostly only when wet??

the head was repaired just before i got it, had new head gasket installed and head was machined, don't think they did anything to anything else though, mechanic said everything else was fine ( i have spoke to the bloke who done the work). you would think he would have checked that stuff if he claiming everything else to be fine, lol obviously not!
oil pressure might be worn out sender, is that what your saying? are they expensive/hard to fit?

·
Registered
nissan gq
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
knock was body mounts, oil pressure was penrite oil, using delo 400 now oil pressure stable and rattle gone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts