Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 93 GQ petrol/carby, and recently I have been getting a knocking under the passenger side's feet. It seems to occur most when the suspension is under load (eg braking hard and turning).
Just wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Hi guys I have a 93 GQ petrol/carby, and recently I have been getting a knocking under the passenger side's feet. It seems to occur most when the suspension is under load (eg braking hard and turning).
Just wondering if anyone could steer me in the right direction
Mate check your caster bushes, I chased mine all over the place, the knock was under my feet but the bush was loose on the front diff and the knock must have transferred down the radius arm to the chassis mount. Nipped it up an no more knock.
ope this helps an don't drive you nuts like mine did.:headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mate check your caster bushes, I chased mine all over the place, the knock was under my feet but the bush was loose on the front diff and the knock must have transferred down the radius arm to the chassis mount. Nipped it up an no more knock.
ope this helps an don't drive you nuts like mine did.:headwall:
Cheers mate I will have a look tonight. Is driving me nuts!

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
Body mounts. mine did it all the time cayse they'd punched through, welded them up and no knocks at all now

·
Registered
nissan
194 Posts
Is the bottom of your car covered with velcro? Maybe you ran over a midget in a velcro suit, with a hammer?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
Iv got a click sound in my front drivers side I cant find, iv done every thing under there only happens when I hit a bump with the drivers side wheel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Check ya tie rod ends. Get someone to shake the car as you get under and start felling for it on the knuckles. That's what it turned out to be on mine

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Mine did the same noise and you could feel it with your feet on the passenger front floor. I pulled up the carpet and checked the body mounts in the floor, they were perfect.
Turned out it was the floor flexing near the firewall and "popping" like a dent. Stopped doing it eventually.

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Mine did the same thing replaced every bush with no results. Ended up been passenger side engine mount. Oh well now I have new bushes all round ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts