Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone around the Illawarra area with a 4.2 and front mount intercooler. Looking at doing mine and want to have a look at some first for ideas. Eg. Sizes and piping. Would like to retain the power steering cooler and aircon fan if possible. Anyone with detailed pics please post.

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok my front mount universal set up has arrived. I've done all the research I can and so far there are no detailed pics of where everyone has run the hot and cold side pipes on a 4.2. So help me out guys. Post some pics up for me.

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I did. He only has a few pics. Mainly of the front mount. I'm looking for more detailed pics of the pipe work.
And I'm thinking of removing the fan in front of the air con cooler and reinstalling it in front of the intercooler. Has anyone done this. Good or bad.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Yea I did. He only has a few pics. Mainly of the front mount. I'm looking for more detailed pics of the pipe work.
And I'm thinking of removing the fan in front of the air con cooler and reinstalling it in front of the intercooler. Has anyone done this. Good or bad.
No worries. Might be worth slipping him a pm

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Front mount is ready to go. Top mount is just to easy. I like a challenge. Lewie thread is great but there is a lot of custom intake work etc there. I have the same turbo 18g UFI. With a DTS low mount manifold. Intake is stock. And my radiator is a PWR wide radiator. So pipe work is going to be interesting. I have a few ideas but would like some info from others with a similar setup.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Pm me your phone number and I'll send you a few pics of mine. It's a wide radiator model as well.

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With todays crappy weather I managed to stay home and get a start on the FMIC install. Here are a few pic so far.
1st pic is Nissan standard power steering cooler set up and fan for air con.
2nd pic is power steering cooler removed and flipped, few custom brackets and it's back in place.
3rd pic custom bonnet latch support, prob a lot stronger than the original and slim design to allow better air flow.
4th pic is intercooler in place, custom brackets top and bottom. also plenty of room behind for clearance for pipe work and power steering cooler.
5th pic brain fart idea to re mount the thermo fan on the front of the intercooler. a few custom brackets and its mounted up easy.
6th pic with a bit of trimming and shaving the front grill assembly fits perfect. the fan hangs a bit low and as I suspected it won't work with a winch n the bar. I ended up taking the fan back off so I could get the bar and winch back on. ill look around and see if I can find a slightly smaller fan. as I would like to have one back on there, just to keep everything cool.
I've also drilled and prepped the holes where I'm going to run the pipes. so project for another day is to start the hot and cold side pipework.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts