Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are plenty of threads on Panhard rod bushes, but I just wanted to get the general idea of what life everyone else is getting from there front Panhard rod bushes. Just replaced mine again I did not get the death wobbles people talk about perhaps because I have gotten onto them early. I should have taken a photo but if others have any please post them up. There were basically pushing completely to one side of the rod housing resulting in metal to metal between Panhard rod and chassis mount.

Mine seem to last 6 - 12 months, what life are others getting ?, I'm beginning to wonder if there is another issue but everything else seems fine. Being an adjustable Panhard rod it all lines up and is not on any stupid angles. I have lock tight the adjuster and have it within millimetres of being central between diff/chassis. I'll be stuffed what could be the reason.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Interesting question mate but hard to answer without a bit more info. It's a bit like asking me how often I need to replace my sneakers as apposed to my boots. I flog my boots out every six months through rough use but my sneakers are still going strong after three years.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 4.2TDI
204 Posts
Hey Bogger,

I've done 365,000klm on my original panhard bushes. Bought the car new. Been across millions of corrugations in that time. Four sets of shocks, (original and three aftermarket sets). Have only changed the front radius arm bushes for caster correction ones. All other bushes, except for the shocks are original.

No wobbles. Just lucky I guess 'cos it has had a hard life.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I thought as much. Like wise the 2" lifted GU wagon I have on 35's doesn't have and issue but it is the later model with different style bushes.

Tipping your right there Jamie I guess its a con of the super flex arm. Thanks for your reply Schmick and your right there Franky73 so many variables, just like your boots and sneakers analogy.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you install your panhards? Just on the ground?

Yeah basically, fit it either on jack stands or on the ground, nuts / bolts in loosely done up, bounce the car a few times with full weight on the ground, then do everything up to factory torque spec with a dab of lock-tite. Am I doing something wrong ?.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts