Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just replaced the front upper control arms after discovering that the ball joints were well and truely past their use by date.
The passenger side was a breeze. 30 minute job. Driver side was another story. The bloody front bolt wouldn't come out because it was fouled by the power steering pump. In the end I undid the banjo for the pump and retaining bracket and was able to wriggle the bolt out. Lost 150ml of fluid but worked out ok in the end. Bloody Nissan engineers.
Topped up the fluid after putting it all together - no more clunking noises from the front end?

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #3
Replaced at 85000. Actually noticed in June while in the Simpson Desert at 75000km. I suspect the lowers are a bit sad too. Not really happy as the lowers are the Ontrack lifted arms.

Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
Well I just replaced the front upper control arms after discovering that the ball joints were well and truely past their use by date.
The passenger side was a breeze. 30 minute job. Driver side was another story. The bloody front bolt wouldn't come out because it was fouled by the power steering pump. In the end I undid the banjo for the pump and retaining bracket and was able to wriggle the bolt out. Lost 150ml of fluid but worked out ok in the end. Bloody Nissan engineers.
Topped up the fluid after putting it all together - no more clunking noises from the front end?
is it possible for power steering pump not to line up correctly after ? Shop just did my UCA and drive belt is destroyed

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #5
Wouldn't think so Sydo. The power steering pump is still supported with other hardware. But with some of the people working as mechanics anything is possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts