Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find much info on the net
Just wondering what diesel stops there between Alice and Kununurra along the Tanami and current prices. Trying to plan a trip.
Looks like a bat**** boring trip but want to take the short cut to the gateway to the north west
Cheers, Dave

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
Rabbit Flat is no longer as far as I know, that would leave the Shell (from memory) at Tilmouth Well, not far up the track as the only stop, but I'm interested if anyone can put up later developments.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
This is from the Halls Creek Tourism site
Halls Creek Travel & Tourism - Tanami Road

FUEL STOPS ON THE TANAMI:
PLEASE NOTE: Rabbit Flat Roadhouse has permanently closed for business. The longest stretch on the road without fuel supplies is 586km.

Billiluna (168km from Halls Creek - 885km from Alice Springs)
7am-12noon & 2pm-4pm Mon to Fri
9am - 11am Sat
($10 fee for fuel out of these hours)

Balgo (246 km from Halls Creek - 807km from Alice Springs)
Note: Balgo is approximately 35km off the Tanami Rd
9am-12noon & 2pm-4pm Mon to Fri
9am - 12noon Sat
Please call (08 ) 9168 8900 prior to entry

Yuendumu (754km from Halls Creek - 299km from Alice Springs)
8.30am - 1pm & 2pm - 5pm Mon to Fri
9.30am - 12noon Sat & Sun

Tilmouth (854km from Halls Creek - 199km from Alice Springs)
7am - 9pm 7 days per week

PS:
We talked to some friends that stopped in to refuel at Balgo about four years ago, they were charged $4/L and it was cash only. Five or six vehicles they said were in their group had used nearly 1000L, that is a lot of cash $$$$$. I don't know if that is still the case or not.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
I wasn't in the Patrol but the vehicle I did it in was thirstier than the Patrol, I topped up at Tilmouth, I had 125L in the tank and 2 jerries and made it to Windham easy peasy, that was with a few side trips like Wolf Crater etc.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Yep, Rabbit Flat is definitely gone.

I got fuel at Billiluna a year or so ago - had to wait 2 hours until they got the power back on. I don't recall the cost per litre but it wasn't cheap.

But I did about 100 metres of the Canning Stock Route while I was there. Which was nice :p

·
Registered
Nissan
19 Posts
That's one good excuse for going to Billiluna....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Just travelled the Tanami,
Automatic credit card pumps at Billiluna not working when we stopped and price was $2.60 a litre.
Yuendumu had fuel $2.10 a litre, the attendant stays in the white transportable on the block next door and will serve 7 days a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts