Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Got a GU 2008 3L Auto. I've looked at several discussions on the site re fuel consumption. But apart from MAF and blocked air filter there doesnt seem to be an easy fix. (I'm getting about 16L per 100 and NIssan say well alloy bullbar, snorkel and twin spare wheels thats normal (discussion on here suggests not)). So where can i take it to get it looked at (in Perth) someone like turbotec or ???? or a better Nissan expert

Ta

Ken

·
Registered
nissan
2,707 Posts
Hi

Got a GU 2008 3L Auto. I've looked at several discussions on the site re fuel consumption. But apart from MAF and blocked air filter there doesnt seem to be an easy fix. (I'm getting about 16L per 100 and NIssan say well alloy bullbar, snorkel and twin spare wheels thats normal (discussion on here suggests not)). So where can i take it to get it looked at (in Perth) someone like turbotec or ???? or a better Nissan expert

Ta

Ken
Hi Ken, what consumption are you getting on just a highway run, say sitting between 100 and 110kph?

Also, what size tyres you got?

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Firstly, have you truly established the accuracy of your calculations ie, measured true distance travelled, fuelled from the same bowser each time (preferably high turnover servo like a truck stop), driven the same conditions in the same way each time.

Also, what tyres do you have, what have you carried between refuels, where do you drive 90% of the time between refuels, how do you drive, over what period of time have you measured all of this?

The final thing is that there does appear to be two types of fuel pumps for the CRD (no idea how to distinguish) and there is anecdotal evidence that this could have an effect. I'm now getting about 12lt/100km for highway/suburban driving (after a few general mods), but was getting around 13.5lt/100km prior to that.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

31 inch tyres, highway and about town both about 16l/100, i've ignored any with beach driving etc included ( i didnt even want to know consumption for that). Had the vehicle about 5 months now. Highway with or without cruise control etc all the same. Thought that maybe was the way it was until spoke to another guy with one at the weekend and he saai he gets 9l/100 with pretty much same vehicle. Not carrying excess weight apart from two spare wheel carrier and wheels. Have tried driving really light footed but didnt make any difference. Tried highway dropping back to about 100 and still the same.

Ken

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Had the same problem with bad fuel consumption. After fitting 3" exhaust, blocking EGR and then fitting a chipit chip I was getting 14.5 litres a hundred towing my 5.4 M alloy boat down to Perth.

This was before I filled up at Canarvon with diesel from the only operating roadhouse since their floods and it all went t.ts up 300 klms further down the highway.

2008 CRD, 16L 100 round town sounds the norm. Give it a highway run and see what you get. See the top tread about CRD's and bad fuel economy.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Mines about the same, 15 to 16litres per 100klm, towing the boat (close to 3tonne) around 23.5 litres per 100klms.....slightly better if I sit on 95 klms per hr as opposed to 100 or 105.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts