Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following 3 weeks of touring, towing 1.7T, 3290km at an average of 16.09lt/100Km, is this acceptable for a 2001 3Ltr auto???

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Following 3 weeks of touring, towing 1.7T, 3290km at an average of 16.09lt/100Km, is this acceptable for a 2001 3Ltr auto???
Fuel eco is such a subjective thing, as no one really knows how anyone drives at any given time, but 1.7T @ 16L/100 is not over the top.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
There's 30% of any problem.
Not really, how you drive it and how the auto is setup is more important. If someone tows and uses OD so it is ramping constantly then yes it will but all that means is that they are their own worst enemy, with a lockup mod and driven correctly there should be just a small amount of difference, if any.

·
Registered
757 Posts
little bit of old school thinking there. Most auto now days will use less fuel than manuals. I use less fuel than a mate i work with who has a manual while towing.
If your sitting on the speed limit on the hay i think the figures u got for your holiday are pretty good.
i get around 13 out of mine but i only ever sit on 100 on the hwy while towing

·
Registered
2013 GU9 Y61 ST plus limited edition
76 Posts
When I first got my patrol (3.0 CRD manual) it had a bull bar and a roof rack, but other than that, stock. I was getting 15lph on highway driving at around 110.

I have since done an EGR block, 3" exhaust, snorkel, a dawes and needle valve, a boost and egt guage.

I just finished a 600k drive with boost set to 16psi max. I did some really steep hill climbs and gave it a fair bit of juice. It's now using 11.5lph. Very stoked with that.

If I set the dawes to 18psi max, I will generally get around 12.5lph.

It certainly does depend on how you drive it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts