Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has been getting better figures than the dash states?

With the latest refill, I travelled 374kms and it was about half tank filled to the brim, took just 58L.

That means 15.5L vs dashboard which was stating 20.0L per 100.

Probably did 50:50 local vs hwy driving.

What do you guys get in real figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Luke, is that the trip computer or manual calculation like I did?

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
I have had the gauge say 17.3 and the fill work out to be 14.9.

It sometimes reads high, rarely reads low.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
i almost never look at the trip guage, everytime i did it would say 17.3 or 17.4 regardless of what driving i'd been doing, calculating it myself i've always had lower readings, could even be broken for all i know, however the scanguage average has been accurate to within .1-2 every time.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Just filled my tank. Took 83 lit for 590km...14 lit per 100 km. Round town 50% highway rest at 100 to 110. Full a/c use and my son driving some of the time. ..he loves the v8 growl..ha ha

John b

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then I wonder how the economy was when I did long distance and achieved 13.6l via dashboard... Maybe closer to 11-12??

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
No offence, but who cares? 99% of people who ask me how much fuel it uses are limp-dicked diesel drivers. Yeah, it's nice to see the look on their face when I tell them "about 14.8 average since I have owned it, and I paid $70k for it, and it does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds". If the person I am talking to has half a brain you see them thinking "hey, that's only 3l/100k more than my cruiser, at that rate it will take like 800,000km for me to be better off". Then you see them having to go thru all the mental gymnastics about live axles or something to have to justify why they payed so much money for something that has an upscaled 1999 Yaris interior. That small pleasure is really the only use for the economy calc!

Reactions: Jimbo84

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Manual calc for me....fuel in ÷ kms covered since last filled.

Always filled to 3 clicks

John b

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
No offence, but who cares? 99% of people who ask me how much fuel it uses are limp-dicked diesel drivers. Yeah, it's nice to see the look on their face when I tell them "about 14.8 average since I have owned it, and I paid $70k for it, and it does 0-100 in 6.5 seconds". If the person I am talking to has half a brain you see them thinking "hey, that's only 3l/100k more than my cruiser, at that rate it will take like 800,000km for me to be better off". Then you see them having to go thru all the mental gymnastics about live axles or something to have to justify why they payed so much money for something that has an upscaled 1999 Yaris interior. That small pleasure is really the only use for the economy calc!
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Insecurity, nitpicking, banter and justification on decisions is as rife on the y62 front as any going around. It's not something new or specific to any car ownership in any class. Go for a stroll down GU street and it's painful.
Manual calc for me....fuel in ÷ kms covered since last filled.

Always filled to 3 clicks

John b
Totally agree and is the ONLY way to get data, preferably from the same pump. By doing so, would very much help having meaningful and comparable info.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I always get he premium unleaded from united.

I was mearly pointing out that my fuel use was no where near real life figures and was wondering if it is just me or across the board.

If it was just me then I would want it rectified. By the sounds of others it seems like a common issue...

For the size/power/safety- I don't care if it does do 20l/100 as I know the family are well protected.

·
Registered
nissan
459 Posts
Its not very hard to justify a Y62.

It's cheaper, more comfortable, quieter, more powerful and equally as capable as its most logical rival....

No need to feel insecure about those reasons.

·
Registered
nissan
770 Posts
i was getting a tyre repaired yesterday and was getting asked about it, which happens quite often, the lady in the office almost fell over when i told her i got it for under 60k, her son had just spent 80k on a landcruiser ute... they're tough old things but about as sophisticated as a billy cart, they should be a $50,000 car for a gxl or 45k for the based model...

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Supply v demand.

If people stopped buying it they would definitely drop it....example y62.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I posted this issue earlier.... As the speedo is about 10% out, it makes sense that the distance is also 10% out and in turn the fuel consumption reads high! That is, if I travel for an hour @ 121km (real speed) speedo shows 110km/hour working out I've travelled 110km . Thus the fuel consumption of the computer would based only over 110km of travel. But to make matters worse, even if you measure the fill back to a full tank at the bowser and use the dash measured distance, then 'real' economy works out to be way better than the comp (sometimes 3-4 ltr/100 better on Highway and 5-8 better on an around town tank)

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
Well I filled ours up yesterday at the local Caltex, and with 753.1km's on the trip meter (total of 784 on the car) it went through 101.88L, so by my calculations that is 13.53L/100km. Which I don't think is too bad at all considering I have fanged it a "little bit" (gee it goes well hehehe). 500km of the trip was highway and the other 250km was town. There are no accessories on the vehicle at the moment but that will change in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts