Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1994 TB42e with dual fuel. The factory fuel gauge in the dash used to give me a reading for which ever fuel I was using at the time. It still works when I'm on petrol but stopped working some time ago for the LPG. If had a quick look at the wires etc on the lpg tank and they all look okay. Apart from that I have no idea.
Where do I start?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Fastest way is to take it to a gas installer. They can check the wiring, connectors, transponder(?) that switches the gauge between gas & petrol. It's probably something simple like a broken wire or connector but it'll be a b*%ch to find. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
11 Posts
Fuel Tank Sender

when the gas gauge fails 9 times out of 10 it is the sender which is mounted on on the float assembly of the lpg tank (2 small screws). remove it, clean the terminals and check it with an ohm meter (use a magnet at the back to move the needle) the ohm range will be on it 85 to 10 ohm for Nissan from memory. don't expect it to be to exact. and be prepared to pay up to $50 for a new one. do the usual stuff like check the earth return especially if is a just a self tapper into the body. if your patrol has done heaps of klms like (300,000 klm) on gas the float mechanism can have a worn out gear mechanism. if the tank is out of test take it to a LPG Vessel Tester who if he is any good removes all the valves and goes right over them and will fix/replace the contents/float gauge system. hope this gives you the general idea.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts