Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I am new to this sort of communication and the forum. I have a problem with the fuel system, have cleaned out tank,blew line clear, changed filter, replaced all injectors, sensor on no 1 for the timing appears ok.
Engine idles ok but when under load starts to misfire.
Any ideas appreciated :headwall:

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
sticky valve?? it sounds to me like a bit of water in your fuel. . . ., but if you have run it for a while after you changed the filter it should be fixed. how long did it misfire? did you drive it round the block? or has it been days or something??

a valve is the only other thing i can think of. . . . .

·
Registered
75 Posts
have you checked the gauze filter in the fuel pump if you have nt you will be amazed at how much better it will perform once cleaned.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
One crap sheit batch of fuel and ANY motor suffers. At least the 4.2 has multiple fuel filters including the guaze one in the fuel pump to filter most of the tripe.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
and if you dont find the gauze filter, dont be suprised... it seems like every 4th car had one fitted..

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Could be air in fuel lines or pump.

Fixed my father in laws after he changed the fuel filter. The new filter wasn't sealing properly... resulted in the car stalling... no fuel.
We swapped back over to the old fuel filter, primed it up, started fine. Took it for a drive and found that anything over about 2500rpm it would start misfiring/breaking down. I ended up bleading each line by cracking each injector.. problem solved.

Not saying this is your problem but worth a look.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Timing? does it blow alot of smoke when miss fireing?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there. I am new to this sort of communication and the forum. I have a problem with the fuel system, have cleaned out tank,blew line clear, changed filter, replaced all injectors, sensor on no 1 for the timing appears ok.
Engine idles ok but when under load starts to misfire.
Any ideas appreciated :headwall:
The filter at the pump was there and it has been cleaned.
The misfire just started to occur,while I was driving around, took off after a stop, got to about 2/3000 revs and started to misfire. Come to a hill and it just dies. Have done probably everything suggested, tappets were done about 5oooks ago I have been told that the tappets need only be adjusted once in a blue moon, not sure about that, about the only thing left that has not been touched is the pump, which I am not confident about doing, a job for the pros, maybe there is something wrong in the pump that someone may be aware of.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
could be air leakimg into the fuel line , an electric lift pump fitted near the fuel tank will show any fuel/air leaks

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Problem solved, vanes in the pump were worn, technician told me that all you need for it to happen is to get a bit of crap fuel and once they start wearing, that's it, they will keep wearing down. Still pretty disappointing that the crap got thru to the pump, despite the filter being changed at regular intervals. Thank you all, who took the time to respond to my problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts