Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an issue with my fuel pump.
the pump and engine was in my old gq it was taken out of that, rebuilt the engine and its now in my new gq the pump was running perfect it the previous car.
now the car is really hard to start like its not getting any fuel for a good 10 seconds then it was running fine for around 400kms now its running like a pig hard to start and when it eventually does it runs ok for 30 seconds then it runs rough as and just stalls then its really hard to start.
any ideas?????
cheers
Roddo

·
Registered
17 Posts
had the same issue on my brothers gq,seems the fuel filter got blocked and sucked in.replaced the fuel filter,drained the fuel and bingo,all good.cut the old filter up and it was full of mud

·
Registered
502 Posts
yep sounds like a go'er to me. new filter drain fuel check tank for sludge. i could possibly still have air in the lines might even be worth a re bleed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have replaced the filter twice now. the first time it was pretty bad and the second looks ok

i have also bypassed the filter and the lines and ran a jerry can straight to pump with an inline filter and then back to jerry can and it made no difference

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
injectors are new
swapped the solenoid with another one
dont think i got any grit in it as it was running fine for 400kms was just hard to start now it isnt getting enough fuel to idle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts