Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the return pipe on the sender unit has a breather at the top or if it runs straight through? On a GQ cab chasis td42.

I am trying to tap into the return fuel hose for a diesel heater, I can hear bubbles if I blow air in though can't manage to pull any fuel out for some reason.

·
Every dog has his day
18,158 Posts
It’s a return line. It has no need to reach the bottom of the tank, it just deposits fuel in the top I’d imagine.

Why not use the feed line? Would make a lot more sense.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
It’s a return line. It has no need to reach the bottom of the tank, it just deposits fuel in the top I’d imagine.

Why not use the feed line? Would make a lot more sense.
Feed line is suction,unless there is a boost/lift pump,

Cheers,G.

·
Every dog has his day
18,158 Posts
Feed line is suction,unless there is a boost/lift pump,

Cheers,G.
I wouldn’t imagine you’d be using a diesel heater when driving, the car’s heater works perfectly ok, surely it’s for when you’re camped up?

When engine off the feed line isn’t suction.

I don’t know anything about these heaters, would they not suck their own fuel? And adding an inline filter would cost a grand total of about $6, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t have their own filter anyway?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The return pipe does go deep enough but it has a breather hole at the top, found out after taking the sender unit out. I could use the feed line but I was worried about sucking air if the heater fuel line ever became compromised affecting the engine. I think I will just add a seperate standpipe now I have the sender unit out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts