·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
You do realise that amg engine is a petrol right!?
And v8 petrols have no place in today's society, diesel diesel diesel....

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do realise that amg engine is a petrol right!?
And v8 petrols have no place in today's society, diesel diesel diesel....

Yes mate...agree.. But it's an admirable bit of kit none the less. I stumbled across it whilst google drooling over fords tdv8 and thought it would brighten spirits after the relatively irate tone of the first part of the post. The Cummins 5.0 is still the obvious engine for the Patrol.. Shame everyone but Fuk-ui can see it.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
While that amg sounds like a balls up engine, repairing it on the other hand could lead to head aches...
I'm all for that cummins shame it's off the list...

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Get Holden to develop a 4x4 to suit Australia and build it locally.

Reactions: jeffs5

·
Registered
nissan
720 Posts
Get Holden to develop a 4x4 to suit Australia and build it locally.
They need engineers here in order to do that.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
Can't be any worse than the Jap diesel engineers.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
A quick soz guys, A bit of tongue in cheek at petrol v8s in forbies.
Didn't mean it to sound the way it did.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Mr Fuku should be apologizing for not upgrading the engine and transmission in the Y61. Brakes as well.

Reactions: heyhey

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I want a beefed up V9X into the Y61 Patrol with larger brakes too

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Plus 7 speed auto, 175L of fuel and 33" tires standard. Decent fuel economy as well please.

I want a beefed up V9X into the Y61 Patrol with larger brakes too

·
Registered
nissan patrol
404 Posts
No, what we really want is the Cummins 5L TD V8 with 900Nm, 6/7/8 speed auto, better brakes, 35" tyres, long travel shocks, factory air lockers and stabiliser bar disconnects, 250L fuel capacity and a steel rear bumper on our MY16 Y61 patrols. Oh, and coils all around for utes too!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,229 Posts
I'm more for fuel economy than power. I'd like a 500Nm motor with a reasonable rev range/driveability that could sit on 100km/h all day every day and do 8-10L/100km.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
We checked out the colorado. You can tell just like other things in life, it looks cheap and the plastics, fit and finish were very poor . Imagine after it goes on some corrugated roads....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
No, what we really want is the Cummins 5L TD V8 with 900Nm, 6/7/8 speed auto, better brakes, 35" tyres, long travel shocks, factory air lockers and stabiliser bar disconnects, 250L fuel capacity and a steel rear bumper on our MY16 Y61 patrols. Oh, and coils all around for utes too!
I know you're being sarcastic but if Jeep can do a Rubicon i don't see why Nissan cant do a fancy model too. Lockers, sway bar disconnects, adjustable panhards/draglink, lower low range, decent driving lights and 33"s would be easily accomplished and have no trouble meeting all ADRs.

Sure it might come at a premium but the Y61 is already significantly cheaper than Landcruisers. So many of them drive straight out of Nissan into ARB for $15k worth of barwork. Thats probably $8k worth of aftermarket gear, Nissan could do it for significantly less.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts