Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,
I'm trying to fit new body mounts at the front of my 88 GQ Patrol, I've undone the bolts up front and those below the footwell on the drivers side , also the bolt under the passenger side ( all drivers side basically ) but I'm still not able to jack up the body high enough to remove the upper segment of the body mount...do I need to unbolt both sides mounts ( ie ..all the mounts ) or am I missing undoing some bracket somewhere else on the chassis ??? my hope is that I'm missing a not too hard to get to bracket like maybe around the inner wings ( ? ) as it's my daily drive I only have the weekend to get the job done......basically I got this far tthis evening before bolting it all back togther to drive into work tomorrow....any ideas would be great...or a hand I'm in airlie beach...have cold beer ...willling to trade...

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
i just replaced all my mounts, i undid all the bolts and nuts, and left 1 side on a few threads. Then jacked up the entire side, lower, do the bolts up a bit, and do the same on the other side. You will prolly need to pull the bolts out along the whole side, as they might interfere by hitting on an angle as you raise the cab. Prety easy, did all my mounts in about 2.5 hours, including stripping and re-fitting the interior.

Cheers

jbates58

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I can't remeber what the patrol mounts are like exactly because it's been ages since I've seen one, but if they are the same as the D22 Navara with the steel sleeve down the centre you will need to unbolt all the mounts etc and lift the body evenly in order to remove them. Heaps easier if you have a hoist. Don't forget to loosen all pipes/ hoses/ wiring/ brake lines/ steering shaft.

·
Registered
459 Posts
and the rubber dust covers in the front wheel arches that go from body to chassis, designed to keep dust and water splashes out of the engine bay... that's probably what's stopping it from jacking up far enough.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The steering column comes out in like 2 minutes, I like to take them out to avoid any stress on the steering components and its easier to get it all back in with the column loose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts