Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for everyone's information the length for koni 88 shocks part number 88-1687 (rear) are:

425mm compressed and 670mm extended (this was measured from centre of eye to centre of eye)

I couldn't find them anywhere, so finally got off my chair and went out and measured one. They are classed as a 2" shock.

·
Registered
nissan
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, turns out they will be long enough to temporarily run your 3" flexy coils, til i can find some longer ones. Will be in touch soon enough.
Apparently there are koni part numbers that will fit a patrol and are roughly equivalent to a 4" shock, so will be looking at getting these to match. The koni's have an unbelievably good ride at the moment, so looking to stick with the brand.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yep, turns out they will be long enough to temporarily run your 3" flexy coils, til i can find some longer ones. Will be in touch soon enough.
Apparently there are koni part numbers that will fit a patrol and are roughly equivalent to a 4" shock, so will be looking at getting these to match. The koni's have an unbelievably good ride at the moment, so looking to stick with the brand.
Yeah, a supplier of mine use to sell them but because of frequent warranites he refuses to sell them anymore. For a 2" lift they are great but a lifted Patrol puts so much pressure on shocks. There are many brands of shocks that can't hack it on a lifted Patrol.

If they were cheap you could replace them as needed but for what it is worth you are better off spending the extra money and getting SRC shocks which are way way better.

No other shock is going to give you satisfaction. You, better change your sig now. I would hope the new coils are not sagged already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts