Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a set?

What ya reckon? Seemed sexxxy when i saw them at the expo, but are they REALLY better than lightforce?

I don't like the look of the Lightforce 240 blitzs... But i do like their XGts and Genesis. Pricewise, the Fyrlyts are $710 for the 24V kit incl 150W bulb, inverter, loom and lights (claiming 5000 lumen)...

Anyone have the Fyrlyt? Worth it?

Discuss.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Mic said:
...the Fyrlyts are $710 for

better than rally 4000's for couple of hunge off ebay + HID kit for <100? and how easy are they to flog? for $700 might look for a few sets myself.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I currently have XGT's with a 100W HID kit..... I would be interested to see if these smaller lights running traditional (ok, xenophot) bulbs would really be better.....

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
Too much power use to equal HID, good design though. I would love for them to develop a HID light with 9000 lumens!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

better than rally 4000's for couple of hunge off ebay + HID kit for <100? and how easy are they to flog? for $700 might look for a few sets myself.
Expand on this truckster. What exacchary are you saying?

www.fyrlyt.com for anybody interested.

Lots of hype on there...

I suppose what i'm getting at is these are built with the R&D to suit the lights, bulbs etc... A retrofitted HID into a Lightforce Genesis may not be...

where's Jet-6?

·
Registered
nissan patrol GQ
8,024 Posts
It would be interesting to see how long the marketing spin would survive on the candlepower forums. there are light technicians and lighting engineers on that forum who don't take any prisoners.

if you love your HIDs don't go on there though.....

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Expand on this truckster. What exacchary are you saying?

www.fyrlyt.com for anybody interested.

Lots of hype on there...

I suppose what i'm getting at is these are built with the R&D to suit the lights, bulbs etc... A retrofitted HID into a Lightforce Genesis may not be...

where's Jet-6?
Im here, dont worry about me

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
I have just bought a set of 100w HID's off Jet-6 for my 4000's and cant wait to see how they go :)

They are FFFFAAAARRRRKKKENNN bright .......... wear sunglasses when you pass road signs .......

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, that's what i was thinking Jet. Was just wondering about the whole marketing spin thing... Will have another look through your vendor thread.

How do the genesis go?

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Well, the Gens are still having teething issues, i would hope they clear up soon

There a good light, but like all things new they find faults from tme to time, but i have yet to see LF not clear up the issue with warranty

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are the issues? Not a huge problem i suppose?

·
Registered
Nissan
38 Posts
FYR LYT spotties

Hi Mic,
I have a set of these Fyrlyt,s and theyare great.
We did a test the other weekend with a set of lightforce and i believed the fyr lyt were brighter and gave a better spread of light.
I like the fact that you can change them from spot to spread in seconds by turning the globe. Also the fact that all components are replaceble So should you smash a lens or reflector or any part you can just replace the broken part unlike lightfprce where the light is thrown away.
I highly recommend them
Cheers
patrolman2.8td

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Mic,
I have a set of these Fyrlyt,s and theyare great.
We did a test the other weekend with a set of lightforce and i believed the fyr lyt were brighter and gave a better spread of light.
I like the fact that you can change them from spot to spread in seconds by turning the globe. Also the fact that all components are replaceble So should you smash a lens or reflector or any part you can just replace the broken part unlike lightfprce where the light is thrown away.
I highly recommend them
Cheers
patrolman2.8td

Still would consider them, but they are soo damned expensive compared to the competition ...

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
If you dont like HID, i dare say these are the way to go, but HID will win everytime!

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you dont like HID, i dare say these are the way to go, but HID will win everytime!
Thing is, I dunno if i like HID or not. I want instant on. I'm lead to believe that HID's take time to 'warm up'...

What are the other 'cons' of HID when compared to other types of light. Enlighten me (so to speak- lol).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Factory HID's, at least the Hella Predators and Lightforce ones, don't have a warm up, instant on. Hopefully the aftermarket ones can do it soon too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts