Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my first g60! My question is I can't find any plates on her telling me the build date. Anyone know how i could pinpoint the year build? Or whereabouts the build stamp would be located?

pics will come soon..

·
Mr G60
890 Posts
Depending on year, vin plate is either center of firewall under the hood or on the left of the radiator support. If it is not there I would suspect it is long gone. RHS frame rail behind the shock mount, on the top is the vin # but that won't help you figure out what year it is.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unfortunately couldnt see it in either of those places when we were looking, so i'd say its gone. Bugger! any body shape or interior hints as to its vintage? obviously photos will help you diagnose

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
mmmm, looking forward to the pictures!

I've wanted to do a 4WD rat rod out of one of these for a while now, though kids and wife put pressure on time to actually get anything like this underway... plus too many projects anyway, BUT A MAN CAN DREAM :D

·
Mr G60
890 Posts
Looks to be in great condition and pretty original. Stock wheels, stock gas cap, ect ect.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info and comments fellas. Yeah the rust situation is actually quite good, tiny bit in the drivers front guard but thats about it, the rest is surface stuff.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
She's a good looking old girl.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey mate,

Twin wipers, single indicator/parker, front number plate bracket on passenger side, tail lights in the body (those red lenses are fairly rare btw) all point to 70-72. 1972 was a very popular build year in OZ so its very likely its a 1972.

·
Registered
nissan
56 Posts
First time I've noticed that side mirrors were originally installed on fenders. I've always thought people put themselves there ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts