Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe a silly question but i don't know the answer so might aswell ask, can an exhaust housing from a gt2860 be swapped with one from a gt2871.
I have a 2860rs that I plan on putting on my 4.2 Gu ute would this turbo be big enough for the job or am I better to go bigger.
Tow a 6x4 tool trailer ea day during week, run 35s all yr round. Diesel gas system pwr water air cooler and current turbo 16-17psi. Want to get better power and hopefully fuel from the upgrade don't have a clue what kw figures I want, just something reliable for work and fun for the weekend

·
Registered
nissan
116 Posts
turbo will be fine for the job is great and very responsive for the boost application you want ther is a thread on here where marin has had one and 2 now and the first one prem failed due to over boost (20+) psi as for swapping housing yes it can be done but its not swap for swap abit of modding to do but not worth it and the 2871r has the same rear housing as a 2860r the difference is the front housing the 2860 being a 60mm wheel and the other being 71mm wheel if you take into account the ratio the 71r is missmatched for the patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ok thanks for ur reply, just picking it up now so I'll start getting everything else I need for it and hopefully be able to get a start on it.

Another question is it better to have a 1 piece manifold adaptor, where u weld it to manifold and then tap some new threads or r the bolt on ones ok to use

·
Registered
nissan
11,202 Posts
Oh ok thanks for ur reply, just picking it up now so I'll start getting everything else I need for it and hopefully be able to get a start on it.

Another question is it better to have a 1 piece manifold adaptor, where u weld it to manifold and then tap some new threads or r the bolt on ones ok to use
the 2 piece adapters are ok to use if you get a good one.
pm matt mcinnes(or marin and ask him who he got his off) or something along the lines of that as he makes cnc cut ones which are pretty good and good price as far as im aware.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
is yours a low mount or high mount turbo manifold
coz a mate of mine had a dts low mount manifold and to fit the different flange turbo he made a plate for the bottem of the manifold and then faced the top flat surface of the manifold directly above the old port turning into a high mount and cut the hole and drilled and taped the studs on top to suit the new turbo
this way if you want to go back to the old set up you can

1 - 5 of 5 Posts