Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need some advice on a gas issue thanks.
TB42 Carby I'm only getting about 5 seconds of running time on gas then it's shutting off, can restart and get another 5 seconds so something isnt happy and shutting the gas down.
Runs fine when it does run on gas and running fine on petrol, If anyone has any ideas on what I could check or test would be a good help before it goes to a mech, It had a new LPG safety switch fitted about 6 months ago so hopefully that hasn't died again.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Mate dont know what the part is called but its the little box under the bonnet that has little led lights in it and a few wires.
Mine was doing exactly the same,i had a spare and changed ot and off it went.
Where are you mate?You could try my spare if you like.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Mine is proably something different but mine was doing strange things. I found a fuse buried in the engine bay covered in a dollop of mud. Cleaned it up and so far runs great., gonna replace it with a waterproof fuse block.
Hope this might help you.

·
Registered
nissan
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its some sort of lock off switch.

Yeah that's the safety switch had it replaced about 6 months ago because the gas was cutting out, when I think about it when I was checking it out today I don't think the LED light was on, maybe a power supply problem I'll check that out tomorrow

Would be Interested to know what faults cause the switch to turn off also

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
I didnt read all of your first post where you said you replaced what i think i was trying to decribe.
Mine was doing just the same as yours and with some stuffing around i decided to swap it over.
Hopefully yours is now sorted.

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Just check to make sure its all dry and earthed correctly.I put a new one on mine and havnt looked back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
mine was doing the same thing in the high country over Dec. turns out it was the diode for the cut off (mine was grey and on the gas converter) . it had a cracked outer and the water was fritzing it. hasnt done it now its been replaced

1 - 8 of 8 Posts