Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas as the title suggests, I'm looking for somewhere to take the old grl to get the gas system looked at.

Haven't done it before and would like ppls advice as ive heard some horror stories.some if u could recommend someone it would be much appreciated, and whats involved in such a thing.
Cars tb42e.

Was running fine on gas till last week when I drove 13 hrs, it started to miss a few times, only did it once or twice.pulled over for the dog to take a leak and when I came to a stop and idle it stalled, and wouldn't start on gas. Lucky I had some petrol left in her to get to the servo.just...

Next day it started fine on gas and cruised to mt barker and back ok, but now it won't.
Going to take it somewhere, so if u can tell me a gas place u can trust let me know, or if u have a idea what the problem could be.

Thanks guys

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,447 Posts
had similar problem with my tb42e had converter replaced and not had problem since. but not saying yours is same. there is a place on oaklands rd somerton pk can;t remember name but do all sorts of automotive repairs. all depends on where in adelaide u r to where u can go.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, how much was the converter,I'm at valley view, maybe if my converter is nfg I'll get them to move it so I can fit a batt tray there aswell.

Don't mind traveling. Have a rdo next week.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,447 Posts
paid $350 fitted. i have a battery tray here not using, but think is for a n/a engine not efi. because in mine air filter box is in way. place got mine done was wise automotive small shed but good work.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad price.driving it on petrol is braking the bank balance.lol.
thought there was a batt tray that goes up near the firewall? Did look at the type u have-thought that was the diesel one. And removing the air box and putting in one of those ducted k and n systems with the filter in the duct.but I think it would sit almost on top of the extractors and heat up the air to much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts