Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fitted a Gauge to tell you when the sunvisor is down?

I've been thinking about it, and could be a great safety device to add.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Wtf

Has anyone fitted a Gauge to tell you when the sunvisor is down?

I've been thinking about it, and could be a great safety device to add.

Thoughts?
If anyone else started this thread they might be called a pad whore. But seeing the source...well.
My first question Bruce is would this guage only be required on ZD30 engines as per some other guages.
Also have you had thoughts as to if the guage would tell you WHEN the sunvisor is down as opposed to a guage to tell you when the sun is low enough that you need to put the sunvisor down.
Wait ,,, what about a reverse rain sensor that puts the sunvisor down for you automatically???

SOmeone had to play the game:p

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 8x 10yr olds destroying my house..
... Im locked in the back room
... no fridge
... send help

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,674 Posts
Im still drunk from last night (this morning) come and pick me up and we'll have beers, I only live down the road. :D

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Yeah but thats an analogue guage.
Surely on fleabay you could get a digital one from the states. With the dollar at parity or thereabouts it would be a great investment.

·
Registered
nissan
75 Posts
Group buy, anyone?
No, A serious design flaw here, this MK I version covers the instructions for engaging 4WD,
resulting in 2WD operation only.

skegbudley, you will have to do better, suggest you think your ideas through before posting on the forum...........;)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I took your advice and fitted one this morning. What a great idea to know when the sunvisor is down. :)

I wouldn't waste my money on a warning device that isn't spelt correctly.

Bruce would their be different versions available, as some people may want the analogue version that shows % of visor down, but for the hardcore crowd it's either on or off and so they only need a digital version.

Oh speaking of that, will their be a whole series available i.e. a gauge for when i'm accelerating, a gauge for when I'm braking, a gauge for when my wipers are on, a gauge to let me know what degrees left or right i'm turning my steering wheel?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Is this the one that is linked via blue tooth to the GPS so that an audible warning can be set using the pommy chicks voice that says...."Your ....Sun..Visor...Is.....DoWn!!"

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
I wouldn't waste my money on a warning device that isn't spelt correctly.

must be the imported model. something is always lost in translation
might find it cheaper in the states, keep it under a grand and no import tax to pay:eek:

·
Chev 6.5 litre V8: no substitute for cubic inches
nissan patrol
2,633 Posts
On mine I use a "heads-up" (I think that's what it's called) system that places a digitally-enhanced message onto the windscreen. The message is there all the time and says "Your sunvisor is NOT down"..... It shines on the windscreen at a point near the the top, so that when the sunvisor is down, I can't see it.

It seems to work okay and only cost $14,000- to have installed. Worth every single rupee ;)

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,405 Posts
Ok. Got me buggered. Where is the spelling mistake?

The EGT gauge has always done that when the power is off. It resets back as soon as it gets power.

The Reason the MK version of this still works is because if you own a MK and don't know how to engage 4WD then you should get out and walk. :D

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Ok. Got me buggered. Where is the spelling mistake?

SNIP
Yeah it's got me buggered as well..... stupid beer!!! Although it could almost say WARMNG if you don't look close enough!!! Sorry, I have come off nightshift and am drinking beer :) (Yes, I just apologized!!! NOBODY get used to that :p hahaha)

·
Registered
419 Posts
I think you need a second gauge to tell you if the sun visor has been swung around to cover the side window. Imagine the danger if you needed the visor in front and had no warning that it was at the side, you could be stumped for hours trying to find your visor!

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I think you need a second gauge to tell you if the sun visor has been swung around to cover the side window. Imagine the danger if you needed the visor in front and had no warning that it was at the side, you could be stumped for hours trying to find your visor!
Ahhh so almost like a monster tacho with a shift light?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
guess not really a spelling mistake. more so my mistake for not being able to read.
this thread is a pure gold... made my day...good to see people still have a sense of humor.

my visor is automatically controlled.(TI Model) any bump and down she comes just in case theres some sun around.and makes a nice warning sound(squeaks) to let me know its down.
thanks nissan.always one step ahead of the game. we might see this feature in the new lexus or dare i say new patrol.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts