Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Looking at getting gauges for the new truck when i get it, and i like the idea of the Autron 2 in one gauges. only problem is that they dont appear to be making them anymore!

Redarc seem to be doing the battery gauges but i was hoping for the boost/pyro

any other suggestions?

otherwise which gauges do people recommend if i cant get this style

Mavtroll

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
I've just installed some Defi gauges into a mate's GQ race car, bloody Hollywood. You can set alarms at certain levels, view peak readings and stuff, plus looks smart. One control box and you plug heaps of gauges into it, and a small programming controller.

Only thing is this is 63mm, I didn't even ask if they do 52mm size.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have a couple of Autron gauges in the Patrol and couldn't be happier. They are both 2 gauges in one, and I would be amazed if they were not still making them.

Here is a pic of them.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
As above,I got an oil pressure aswell.The VDO gauges match the dash gauges and are a heap better than the smoked glass gauges I had before

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
292 Posts
Have a good look at the CTS Edge Insight Monitor.

Not 100% sure that it will read the Nissan ECU through the OBDII plug but the system can be easily configured to read external sensors through their Expandable Accessory System (EAS).

Any number of temp & pressure sensors can be fitted along with EGT. they are simply daisy chained together. The EAS starter kit comes with a pressure sender, Temp and EGT probe. Others can be purchased as required. The monitor has heaps of functions, including alarms, and can display up to 8 parameters at once.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
I'm running a autron batery monitor (gauge) they are great gauges and would run them any day of the week.perfer them over anything else in a round gauge

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
I've just installed some Defi gauges into a mate's GQ race car, bloody Hollywood. You can set alarms at certain levels, view peak readings and stuff, plus looks smart. One control box and you plug heaps of gauges into it, and a small programming controller.

Only thing is this is 63mm, I didn't even ask if they do 52mm size.
So your talking genuine defi gauges with the control box? They are nice but should be as there the most costly gauge on the market. My ute came with autogauge copies and they went straight in the bin...... could not see them in day light but sexy at night. = kinda pointless as you would never kbow whats going on for 12hrs out of 24 when the sun went down

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
I guess so... Mark brought them around with the other stuff for his car I never thought to ask what they cost, but they definitely said "Defi" on the gauge and packaging.

Can certainly see them day or night and look pretty smart.

He said he got it as it was the only pyro he could find in 63mm, he wanted pyro and boost (again he got a different boost gauge - only one he could find 63mm and reads at least 50psi) in front of driver, and temps, pressures and volts in middle for navi to worry about.

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Just finished a 3 day marathon doing a complete refit of most of mine. Old school all mechanical. There's my wallet, keys and mobile tray too, who says there's no room in a GQ haha. Nah I don't have a centre console, not a fan of centre consoles, so I need somewhere to put the contents of me pockets.
Now it's time for a test run...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts