Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I bought an MQ Patrol wagon recently from a neighbours missus (he died about 12 months ago) for $500. It's a 2.8 dual fuel in smurf blue that was a 7 seater but not now. Not sure of the options but the main things are, it has ice cold A/C, Starts on gas better than my daily on petrol.

I've always had lowered, worked Falcons so this is a world away.

Currently i have a V8 conversion including mounts, extractors, exhaust, bellhousing etc... ready to slot in, a 460 big block but it's running so well i'll wait.

The previous owner got a major defect which forced him to replace all of the shocks and bushes which ended up as Koni and nolathane. So thats a win for me.

For the time being, my plans are to put a full Infinity Kappa stereo in it and paint it Satin black. And of course get driving...

Cheers, Noel.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I had to replace all my bushes to get my road worthy

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Lucky all the bushes are done. we went driving through a bit of bush and gave it a good run, not a squeak which is good.

Yeah coils, I should be able to make it over those pesky gutters... The twin 500 holleys and huge cam should help too. haha

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should ask too, Is there anything i should look out for? specific to these models, apart from rust and the rubbish door seals.
And does anyone know a good wreckers in Vic that i can get parts for online? Just little things like seals, top rear door (glass) handle and gas struts for it.
Currently i am cleaning out the fuel pumps and replacing all the lines, and doing the stereo install.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Death wobbles - King / swivel bearing / wheel bearings.

Keep an eye on the forum - vehicle / bits often come up.

Put an add in the wanted section

1 - 6 of 6 Posts