Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday every one,
Im just wondering if any of the Tech heads out there might be able to help me out with a quick Q i have
I have a an 88' SWB TD4.2 (deso) that i want to put crawler gears into the box.....

i also have a Spare (Wrecking) LWB 89' tb42 (PETROL/GAS) GQ,
My big Q is, are the gear boxes interchangeable? or do the Deso engines run different gear ratio/strengths then the petrol engs??

My plan was to either put the gear box in from the LWB while i do up the original box, OR overhaul the LWB box then do a straight swap.......... Any idea???

Thank for you help guys

Gordo

·
Registered
90 Posts
Gday every one,
Im just wondering if any of the Tech heads out there might be able to help me out with a quick Q i have
I have a an 88' SWB TD4.2 (deso) that i want to put crawler gears into the box.....

i also have a Spare (Wrecking) LWB 89' tb42 (PETROL/GAS) GQ,
My big Q is, are the gear boxes interchangeable? or do the Deso engines run different gear ratio/strengths then the petrol engs??

My plan was to either put the gear box in from the LWB while i do up the original box, OR overhaul the LWB box then do a straight swap.......... Any idea???

Thank for you help guys

Gordo
Yep as said above they are the same you just need to swap the bell housings over

steve (patroldocta nissan wreckers)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts