Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a manual td42 gq and 1st 2nd and 3rd crunches when i shift, it only happens when the syncros wouldnt line up if that makes sense, like the clutch wont fully disengage. tried a new slave sylinder and bled it multiple times with no effect, also tried adjusting pedal so its now maxxed out... is there anything else i can try before i take the box out and replace fork and pivot ball etc? any help appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,120 Posts
i have a manual td42 gq and 1st 2nd and 3rd crunches when i shift, it only happens when the syncros wouldnt line up if that makes sense, like the clutch wont fully disengage. tried a new slave sylinder and bled it multiple times with no effect, also tried adjusting pedal so its now maxxed out... is there anything else i can try before i take the box out and replace fork and pivot ball etc? any help appreciated. thanks
Pause when you shift,use the old Army 1-23-1,with an old GQ the synchros are probably well worn and easily overcome,you could also use the right pedal to "rev-match" to smooth the shift.
If you can engage a gear stationary with the pedal depressed,it's not the clutch,if not,the clutch is part of the problem.Have you had someone watch the fork travel while the pedal is pressed ? Why on earth would you think the fork and pivot is at fault ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts