Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all was down the beach last night all running smooth, after unlocking the hubs in the carpark and taking off home I went to change from 1st to 2nd but the gearbox has stayed in first and gear stick is stuck in neutral? Doesn't seem to be a problem with the transfer but it was a looong drive home in 1st gear. Had a quick search but couldn't find much any ideas/help?

Btw 2003 gu td42ti ute

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Just thinking seeing you were on the beach and driving through soft sand if you're gear lever boot was torn or not fitted correctly sand could of gotten into the gearbox affecting the linkages.
That being said if the lever looks like its in neutral but it's stuck in 1st theres a bigger issue maybe a broken selector.
Pull the console out and the gear lever top cover off and have a look. Only a 10 minute job to check.

·
Registered
nissan
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers ChoppedGu Looks like the box is coming out. Nothing wrong with the boots no sand to be seen. Just out of curiousity a few of my workmates are saying that an navara zd30 gearbox will fit straight in? They pulling my leg?

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
A patrol zd30 box would fit.
I've had nothing to do with navaras but I'd say they have an alloy case box.

·
Registered
nissan
2,919 Posts
The lever assembly gates in the top housing can wear and jump over themselves, my mate does this all the time, but it is usually a 3-4 issue.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,066 Posts
The Navara ZD30 box is smaller than the Patrol ZD30/TD42 box. It will not fit.

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts