Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I put a lift in my 4b last week, added the drop boxes on today and now my tailshaft is grinding on the bar that goes across the chassis rail, the front shaft look super close also. Just wanting to know if I need spacers in the cross member or do I need adj lower control arms to fix this problem? Or is it something different?

Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,617 Posts
I think he is trying to say after his lift the front driveshaft is nearly binding on the gearbox crossmember.

Couple of options:

- Notch out (cut a V shape) out of the front part of the crossmember.
- Flip your front drive shaft around so the thinner part sits near your crossmember.

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
Mine is doing the same, and i already have 1" spacers for the gear box.....

Thinking about moding the cross member and notching out under the tail shaft (Cutting and welding in a U to give clearance )

interested in others ideas as well.......

·
Registered
227 Posts
So what us the problem with flipping the front drive shaft? Everyone seems to notch the xmember?

Also with a superflex arm is it worth flipping it, ie is it still going rub so might as well notch the xmember?

Ash

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,617 Posts
I think he is trying to say after his lift the front driveshaft is nearly binding on the gearbox crossmember.

Couple of options:

- Notch out (cut a V shape) out of the front part of the crossmember.
- Flip your front drive shaft around so the thinner part sits near your crossmember.

:rolleyes: Already offered this advise 8 posts ago .... *sigh*

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,686 Posts
Hey guys,
I put a lift in my 4b last week, added the drop boxes on today and now my tailshaft is grinding on the bar that goes across the chassis rail, the front shaft look super close also. Just wanting to know if I need spacers in the cross member or do I need adj lower control arms to fix this problem? Or is it something different?

Cheers
Yep when you put the drop boxes in, it rotated the diff and tail shaft downwards bringing it closer to the x member. Flipping the front shaft is pointless. Only works on the rear for more clearance. Split a pipe section in half and notch out the x member then FULLY weld it in the notch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.