Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

i have a 6" lift in my patrol and was wondering if anyone knows the size spacer i should be using to drop the gearbox down? (currently 45mm think its a bit much, not sure)

And thoughts on drop boxes will that help with my death wobble problem? (pan hard rods are new)

cheers!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
your truck looks same as mine, ive just bought mine 88 mav shorty with 8" suspension lift, had tailshaft vibration, has 20mm gearbox spacer, stock lower arms, stock tailshaft but i fitted adjustable upper arms and brought pinion angle down to same angle as gearbox and no vibrations at all now :)

death wobble in front ( steering wheel shake) maybe tyres, rotate them

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah there a great truck. Thanks for the tips, thought 45mm was to much and I will try rotating my wheels ( fingers crossed it's scary **** when they get the wobbles)

Cheers

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Your problem is that you have a 6" spring lift in a shorty. Why so high? Lower is better

·
Registered
136 Posts
Radius arm bushes id nearly bet a limb on it

·
Registered
nissan
135 Posts
either needs castor correction or your tie rods or panhard bushes are had it, most likely the panhards. ive got a 7in lifted gu ute and run 37's has 15grand in suspension components. just recently replaced all bushes and tie rods and had chronic death wobbles. ended up being the panhards even tho they were only 10ks old!!!!! replaced them with another new set and bam problem solved!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, it seems like it maybe an elimination process so many different causes my panhard rods arn't very old but should prob replace the bushes in them too..

Where is the best place to buy the bushes from?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
nissan put rubber ones and you wont have any more problems they are about $35/ 40 each but its worth it dont put aftermarket ones in you will be replacing them in 3 months time
rubber is always better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts