Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a stuffed boot.. I have tried repairing it but it ain't happening..

Anyone tried and succeeded with one from another vehicle or found a suitable aftermarket one..

Any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have used boots from Autobarn (one for the gear stick & one for the transfer lever). These are the ones that come with a rubber boot and a metal plate that sits around the edge of the boot,

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
I use a falcon one in mine, from a manual EA/EB/ED, works well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
35 Posts
I've used sika flex and thin rubber on the in side it has made it a bit stiff may pre load it out of gear i will let you know how it works once I put it in

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Aftermarket ones from supacrap or autobarn are the go
Finding genuine 2nd hand are hard to get and sell for a bit

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Genuine 2nd hand and good condition
Whack em in the classifieds
They are hard to get with no splits or cracks

·
Registered
nissan
275 Posts
I will see if I can find a Ford one, or one that fits before I come down Shark, it will most likely cost me nothing so its yours if I can grab one, that's if you can wait that long.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks chops that would be awesome.. The problem is when you do a body lift they don't fit properly.. I had a flawless one but stuffed once the body lift went it.. Just want something that's gonna block the noise and heat out and still be flexible..

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Ford unit, I put a bit of toyota black sealant stuff around the bottom of it, then pop riveted it to the plate with some big washers.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,289 Posts
Thanks chops that would be awesome.. The problem is when you do a body lift they don't fit properly.. I had a flawless one but stuffed once the body lift went it.. Just want something that's gonna block the noise and heat out and still be flexible..

A Rag Thats what i had for ages, Just lift it out when you shift to low range and sruff it back in. Lazy I know but it worked:D

·
Registered
nissan MQ
185 Posts
The original MQ boots are cheap, nasty, hard plasticy things that just crack up with age. I went to the wreckers and found most of the MQs had cracked boots, but did find one good one - $10. Also found an MQ where they had just put a much larger boot, looks like from a small truck, over the top of the stuffed one. This is the one I am using now.

It is made of much thicker and softer rubber. It also has a good grip on the gear lever since the hole is not too big. So that means I don't have to worry abut fastening it tight to the floor, or even bother squeezing it under the carpet. I just slide it down far enough so the concertina pressure pushes it hard against the carpet and makes a good seal.

So I suggest going to a truck wrecker and see what you can find. I paid $10 for mine.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
136 Posts
the gen ones are cheap i dont know which nissan shop you go to nothing beats FTG and get the full trade discount just ask for vaurn in spare parts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the great idea's fella's..
I'm still gonna go to the local pick a part and see if I can pick one up.. Doing all that work sound proofing is pointless with the stuffed boots..

·
Registered
nissan
275 Posts
How about getting one of those leather ones. Leave the rubber boot in place to keep out most of the dust and noise, and the leather one would take over where the rubber is split, and also give it a stylish look.

What I mean is put the leather one over the top of the rubber one.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,600 Posts
I had same problem when I went through muddy water and got the exaust wet. Steam and burndirt smell filled the cab. Went to autobarn and picked up autotech one with elastic bottom and pull cord top. I left the old on in place and suck elastic over the bottom, tied off top and problem was fixed. If i remember it only cost me 15 bucks. It is blue but who gives a s**t.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Ea falcon, couldn't ask for an easier fit... Very very happy!!!! Cost me $20..

I love this forum:):)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts