Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1901 - 1910 of 1910 Posts

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,093 Posts
Because of her hip and knee my wife can't drive the manual and it does have a heavy clutch, maybe I should start looking at an auto conversion. 6 speed auto would be insane..............
Re5 would be more than enough. The OD of the RE4 is pretty deep, just could be helpful if it could have a gear or two more getting into top when towing. 3RD I'd annoyingly low at an indicated 100 but 4th unlocks the converter and kicks down too often.

I found away around this buy using an electronic fuel screw over the top of the remap but then got a really nasty shudder on TC lockup (but the way it'd pull hills at 2k was unbelievable)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,905
NET FOR CARRYING LIGHT GOODS AT INTERNAL ROOF LEVEL.

Thanks @jackbyo for the tip on this little device, what a great out of the way place to store our pillows or any other lightweight materials, a space previously unused. I have never gotten around to making a storage space above the fridge either I will be able to relocate this behind the half cage if I need to, or spend another $35 and put one in there permanently, ah! decisions decisions.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,907
Finally a useful component from a jeep!
Yes. I owned a jeep from new in 96 until 2000 when I bought the Troll, great vehicle as it was unstoppable in every situation I placed it and I gave it a workout, dual airlockers, lift, adjustable suspension height, long range tanks, to mention a few but late in 99 I found the monocoque was cracking from towing my caravan (it wasn't a big van either, 14ft).

·
Registered
9,497 Posts
Finally a useful component from a jeep!
Ah, Jeep. Ross, I was going to ask what net you got, but have seen the Jeep roof nets advertised. I have a Boab cargo barrier net, I thought about getting another but it's a rated cargo net and not that cheap for roof storage.

Where did you get the $35 version with three tie points each side, have only seen them with two per side.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,909
Ah, Jeep. Ross, I was going to ask what net you got, but have seen the Jeep roof nets advertised. I have a Boab cargo barrier net, I thought about getting another but it's a rated cargo net and not that cheap for roof storage.

Where did you get the $35 version with three tie points each side, have only seen them with two per side.
Got the link from jackbyo, here it is.

1901 - 1910 of 1910 Posts