Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month ago I got a new exhaust for my 4.8 (two o2 sensor model). Genie exhausts at Narangba north of brissy were looking for a donor vehicle for them to design a new system for it. I was lucky enough to get the opportunity. They built a 2.5 inch mandrel bent system with extractors and a new car and muffler. The extractors are steel while the rest is in stainless.

After driving it for awhile I am now impressed with the results. There is definitely more torque while cruising around town and it revs nicely right through. I was concerned about the noise but have gotten used to it and actually like the sound it makes. It doesn't drone on the highway so that's the main thing for me. Can't comment on fuel economy as have only driven short trips around town. Apparently it made an extra 20hp on the dyno.

Very happy with the service and the quality of work. If your looking for a new exhaust for your 4.8 then have a look at genie!

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
654 Posts
What sorts of dollars are we looking at.. thinking of doing something similar to my 4.5L Patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I goto an exceptional deal as my truck was there donor car so you would need to ask them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts