Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few of us got a deal on boxes genuine nissan oil filters, but 2 of us have had them **** themselves.

Dan had one leaking, and yesterday both of mine was pissing out everywhere... Had to revert to.... Ryco :(

Just wondering if we got a bad batch as I've never heard of it before.

Any one else had them fail? It appears to be the oil seal... and I have half a box full left :(

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
the only time i blew an oil filter is when i was fitting an 18rg twin cam motor into a hilux, i mixed and matched the oil pumps and put one together without an oil pressure release valve , i could only guess the pressure was around 250 psi as it broke my oil pressure guage and all it did was to blow the oil filter up like a balloon and oil seeped out of the folded seem of the filter , the oil seal never leaked

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Only use ryco

As above yeah should maybe get some claim against the filter
But if ya engine drops its bundle, they wont cover the engine

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MQ MAD said:
But if ya engine drops its bundle, they wont cover the engine
yep, thats my concern.

Got a 502 and 503 on there at moment... :(

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
416 and 503 or 2 x 503s it should be.

I refuse to use genuine except for air, dunno why you would use genuine oil and fuel filters :crazy:

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Z502 Part No.changed to Z416
and 503 is the normal
:)

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Then thats a very very very old Z502, 416s have been around since 1999, as the 2.8 GU uses them.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup :)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ITS A FORD NOT A NISSAN said:
so if the filters are old , then maybe the rubber has dried out becoming brittle????
The Genurine filters are new. The ZD30 of the filter world :(

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yom said:
engine is about to explode.
I was shattered when I took the snorkel out of the box to see it also fitted the ZD30 :(:(:(:(:(:(

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Yup the cars got the ZD30 bug now,

Tick
Tick
Tick

BOOM

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
I've always used genuine on my TD42 and never had a problem.
Maybe you got reeeeeeeeeeeeally old stock? I know mine are usually pretty fresh because they ran out of stock of the superseded filters very soon after it was announced Nissan wouldn't be using them anymore for the TD42, so I had to get the other ones.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
There is a few of our canadian friends who have this issue?
Not that I am aware of. I had posted that with the NAPA Gold Filters (made by WIX) that the oil filter rubber seals would come off when removing the filter. However, that is probably because I put the filters on too tight. The only problem I have with Nissan filters is the price. One full flow and one semi by-pass filter cost about $70. I now have a supply of WIX filters. I have also used Denso filters and Nissan JDM house brand filters and have been content with their quality, especially the anti-drain back valve. The WIX anti-drian back valve also works very well. Fleetguard's are crap.

·
Registered
nissan
676 Posts
I have 2 lots of Genuine oil filters ****e themselves... The oil seal leaked beyond being able to tighten it.. First lot lasted 2 days.. Second lot lasted a month..
I refuse to use genuine oil filters now, am currently using Bosch, looking into the Donaldsons...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts