Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know this has been a re-emerging topic on many occasions and I have been through and read them all with no luck.

Just got a second hand snorkel and would prefer to get a template before fitting.

Has anyone got a template they have kept for a series 4 or above
GU (square shape) lying around or know of one that I can borrow or buy??

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
I do know they are few and far between, however I've suggested before in another thread that cardboard is a good substitute.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate, I may have to go that way. Rang nissan berwick and dandenong, they said they come with every snorkel so there is no need to save them.
They were un willing to help out at all.
Might pull my mates snorkel off and make some templates to sell.

Admin feel free to delete this now, Thanks

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
No worries! You can make a template with the snorkel you have. (first post states you do). I'd mark the cardboard with the bolts and air outlet in the back of the snorkel before I used a guard.

We should really have a thread with it in printable PDF format. Hasn't been done yet, but with the amount of requests there has to be someone with an original template that can soft copy. You could also have the full gamut. Make it a one stop thread in the archives with the whole range of available styles.

Good luck mate!

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
ive ordered 1 from tjm as the tjm airtek snorkel is the same ive been waiting 2 weeks now but, is for series 1 2 3 but

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
ive ordered 1 from tjm as the tjm airtek snorkel is the same ive been waiting 2 weeks now but, is for series 1 2 3 but
Can you do the forum a favour and don't throw it out until further notice. I sent a PM to a Mod and waiting on a reply.

Sorry for hijacking OP.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
they arnt cheap but he didnt give me a price said last 1 he ordered was 50 and the other bloke reckoned it was about 70, i bloody hope they are the same

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
i will let you know how it goes once it turns up apparently tjm had to get airtek to print them one

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
Great....more the reason to start a "Snorkel Template" thread. A downloadable PDF soft copy should be cheap if it fits on A3 Paper.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes thats a damn good idea. With the amount of people chasing them and the fact you cant seem to get one from nissan easily its worth logging all models so they are redly available.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've tracked down a template for a genuine nissan snorkel Series 4 and up.
I will be keeping it, so if anyone else needs this model they can purchase it, as it cost me.

Also I have a safari snorkel template available too, series 4 and up.

ADMIN if you could make this a sticky somewhere or something similar it could be of use.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
It doesn't need to be a sticky as its not a common enough question/problem.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,576 Posts
ADMIN if you could make this a sticky somewhere or something similar it could be of use.
It doesn't need to be a sticky as its not a common enough question/problem.

I was thinking GU2's "Newbie Archive" thread would be a good enough place for it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that would be fine

Because Pad

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Oh righto

·
Registered
nissan
707 Posts
If anyone needs a genuine snorkel template I have a few. I work for nissan as an accessory fitter and fit snorkels and keep all the templates i use in my toolbox for safe keeping.

·
Registered
nissan
707 Posts
Also, if you want me to scan one i will too and save it here, ill try and remember to bring one home from work

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Scanning doesn't always work because someone often the image is shrunk in the scan and print.

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
i can confirm that the tjm is not the same as the genuine nissan snorkel the bolts holes are completely different and in genuine snorkels series 123 have different hole pattern to series 4, so im still looking for a series 123 template if anyone has 1

1 - 20 of 26 Posts