Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can anyone please recommend a good mechanic near craigieburn to install lokka on a Nissan Patrol ?
Regards,
JJ.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Hi,
Can anyone please recommend a good mechanic near craigieburn to install lokka on a Nissan Patrol ?
Regards,
JJ.
You’ll be pleased with it, I have one. Just don’t tell anyone you have one in. Everyone will be impressed with your driving skills.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Probably cost you as much or more than the lokka is worth for the install.
Pretty simple to diy. There is a good you tube video. Atleast that way you can decide if its withing your capabilities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably cost you as much or more than the lokka is worth for the install.
Pretty simple to diy. There is a good you tube video. Atleast that way you can decide if its withing your capabilities.
Thanks Benny.I don't have any mechanical skills , so DIY is not an option for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Called Campbellfield Automotive , they said they won't be fitting Lokka as it will break CV and axile. One of their customer got lokka and had created lot of issues.He recommended Harrop or ARB. Any thoughts please.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Mines been in since 2010 and no breakages. Probably got 150000 km on it. It is a tourer but has done some very serious tracks, rocks, sand deep water and done a couple of laps towing a caravan.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had one in my GQ shorty years ago, it was awesome did some gnarly hard off road with that in, worked a treat. I've just brought one for my GU, might stick it in over the weekend if I get a chance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had one in my GQ shorty years ago, it was awesome did some gnarly hard off road with that in, worked a treat. I've just brought one for my GU, might stick it in over the weekend if I get a chance.
Hi Dotoz,
Are you installing it by yourself or getting somebody ? I called another mechanic and he also refuses to fit Lokka .He recommends Harrop.
Regards,
JJ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mines been in since 2010 and no breakages. Probably got 150000 km on it. It is a tourer but has done some very serious tracks, rocks, sand deep water and done a couple of laps towing a caravan.
I read some good reviews about Lokka , I don't know why mechanics are so reluctant to fit it.I don't have any mechanical skills/background - I really can't make any comments.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes I'll install it myself, I did it on my GQ years ago it's not that hard. If you get stuck I might be able to help you out I'm just in Sunbury.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,059 Posts
I had a lokka in my last patrol, but I also installed manual locking hubs at the same time. Loved it. Turned it into a vehicle far more capable than my skill set.
With manual locking hubs you can put it in low range to back a trailer (caravan) without putting a great deal of tension on the front driveline (especially if you're on a hard surface).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts
Called Campbellfield Automotive , they said they won't be fitting Lokka as it will break CV and axile. One of their customer got lokka and had created lot of issues.He recommended Harrop or ARB. Any thoughts please.
Load of BS. But as others have said if you have auto hubs change them out for manual.

I have an auto locker in mine. Being a ute manual hubs are standard. No issues and bang (pardon the pun) for buck the best mod you can do.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
I have a Eaton E Locker (from Ronny Harrop) in the front of my GU to go with my std HH260 rear slippery and can't fault it, in my many vehicles I've had all sorts of diffs, air lockers, detroit lockers, ZF's of both types, even CIG Lockers lol, and to me the E Locker is the best so far, of course you will get 101 different opinions, but that is mine.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Yes, I too have the manual hubs, when I was in a local 4x4 club I usually took the easier track as I don’t want panel damage or my cooling system full of mud, non in the club knew I had the Lokker, every now and then I’d take on a difficult bit of track that the others were having difficulty with, up and over, just put it down to superior driving skills. Having both front wheels driving on soft sand makes great bragging rights. Just keep it a secret.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts